Thanks, Everyone.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN Anesthesia is back in form.

Clinical threads.

Lifestyle threads.

Alcohol/partying threads.

Academic threads.

Alotta information being exchanged.

AND I'M HAVING FUN AGAIN!!

Yeah, thats selfish.

F u kkin A.

Just glad to have Mil back, UT is posting again, professional-snowboarder-Noy with his infinite wisdom and hottie wife, Zippy is down to a pakka day of Marlboro Reds and zipping in-and-outta-here, Venty had a posting orgasm on New Years Eve with about 768 posts, Dr Dre is dropping in again between anesthesia and 100 mile runs and Compton drive-by-shootings, even Old Man Dave, one of the HMFICs here is posting clinical threads, Plank, I'm sure SDN 1977 is out there lurking, Trin....I've personally worked with you and respect your skill and experience, powermd, sevo, cfdavid, jwk, johan, copro,

and everyone else...

THANK YOU.

For making SDN ANESTHESIA what it is:

A SITE WHERE YOU CAN LOG ON AND READ ABOUT WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST.

We don't stop with the medicine banter.

We venture into our lives.

For all you clandestine lurkers out there, you are welcome here. High school students. Pre-meds. Med school students. Fourth year med-school-I'm-in-the-best-year-of-my-life-studs/studettes....residents. Attendings.

I'm encouraging you to post here.

And to listen to what the gurus (there are three: Mil, UT, Noy) have to say.

Members don't see this ad.

Very, very, very happy with the way things are going around here. It's one thing to read stuff in texts, it's definitely another to hear how different people are skinning the same cat in out there in private practice, in the real world, elsewhere in academia, etc. Most importantly though, I think this site helps us realize that what we learn in residency is anything but bulletproof, to use good clinical judgment, and to turn a critical eye to the quality of the data behind the things we're taught to do by our academic programs.

In short, as the late Borat might say, "I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the shout out! I almost gave up on this forum, wanted to drop out of anesthesia even with all the negative banter.

I am lovin life now. Yeah, residency sux (no hyperkalemia yet though) the life out of you, but I am loving the anesthesia I do.

It only helps that I skipt the Compton swap meet this week for backcountry skiing (not as luxurious as the trip Noyac got...).

5 days of earning my turns. Anytime my HR can be above 140 for as many hours as possible, I am as happy as Jet with a dip of Cop!

Let's keep on slingin great posts like our hero Gas rok stars, JPP, Noyac, UT et al

SDN Anesthesia is back in form.

Clinical threads.

Lifestyle threads.

Alcohol/partying threads.

Academic threads.

Alotta information being exchanged.

AND I'M HAVING FUN AGAIN!!

Yeah, thats selfish.

F u kkin A.

Just glad to have Mil back, UT is posting again, professional-snowboarder-Noy with his infinite wisdom and hottie wife, Zippy is down to a pakka day of Marlboro Reds and zipping in-and-outta-here, Venty had a posting orgasm on New Years Eve with about 768 posts, Dr Dre is dropping in again between anesthesia and 100 mile runs and Compton drive-by-shootings, even Old Man Dave, one of the HMFICs here is posting clinical threads, Plank, I'm sure SDN 1977 is out there lurking, Trin....I've personally worked with you and respect your skill and experience, powermd, sevo, cfdavid, jwk, johan, copro,

and everyone else...

THANK YOU.

For making SDN ANESTHESIA what it is:

A SITE WHERE YOU CAN LOG ON AND READ ABOUT WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST.

We don't stop with the medicine banter.

We venture into our lives.

For all you clandestine lurkers out there, you are welcome here. High school students. Pre-meds. Med school students. Fourth year med-school-I'm-in-the-best-year-of-my-life-studs/studettes....residents. Attendings.

I'm encouraging you to post here.

And to listen to what the gurus (there are three: Mil, UT, Noy) have to say.

Hey, man. I agree. Definitely on the upswing.

My story is that I came here about a year ago because a buddy in labor camp (a.k.a., my program) told me to check it out, lurked for a while, and just saw a lot of fighting and negativity and arrogance. Sure, it's good to vent, but didn't see the point of hanging around. Them I came back again (just because I remembered it one weekend) over the summer and noticed things had changed, lurked again for a little while, then signed up.

Now I'm getting hooked. Great forum. Great discussions. Totally different place than it was a year ago. Let's keep it going!

-copro

Thanks to Jet, Vent, UT, and all of the other guys who take time out of their "busy" schedules to give advice and trade secrets to everyone who enters a URL wrong and ends up at this forum ;). I'm currently a second year and I have had the opportunity to assist on several surgeries and it has been a rather cool experience. But I must say... I am always mesmerized by the "other side of the steril drape." I watched one ortho procedure but ended up talking to the CRNA the whole time about anesthetics, airway management, etc. I can't help but feel a pull toward the dark side. I used to think that gas would be boring but I am changing my tune and investigating it a little more thoroughly. Thanks for the inspiration... no pun intended.

I have been a member for a couple years and I have lurked for a couple months in the Gas forum. I must say this is, hands down, the best commuity I have seen here at SDN. No surgeon bravado, no noob trolling... it's nice.

Thanks to Jet, Vent, UT, and all of the other guys who take time out of their "busy" schedules to give advice and trade secrets to everyone who enters a URL wrong and ends up at this forum ;). I'm currently a second year and I have had the opportunity to assist on several surgeries and it has been a rather cool experience. But I must say... I am always mesmerized by the "other side of the steril drape." I watched one ortho procedure but ended up talking to the CRNA the whole time about anesthetics, airway management, etc. I can't help but feel a pull toward the dark side. I used to think that gas would be boring but I am changing my tune and investigating it a little more thoroughly. Thanks for the inspiration... no pun intended.

I have been a member for a couple years and I have lurked for a couple months in the Gas forum. I must say this is, hands down, the best commuity I have seen here at SDN. No surgeon bravado, no noob trolling... it's nice.

Welcome!

Now that I just pumped my guns and did some abs (I'm commen after ya jet) I'm gonna slug down some brews and bowl with my wife and some homies.

Just killed some slave trader on Assassins Creed this morning. Sweet.

:thumbup:

I can't help to think that getting rid of some of those troublesome moderators here didn't help as well.:smuggrin:

I can't help but feel a pull toward the dark side. I used to think that gas would be boring but I am changing my tune and investigating it a little more thoroughly. Thanks for the inspiration... no pun intended.

[Darth Vader voice]
(breathing...)

IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE...
JOIN ME...IT IS THE ONLY WAY...

(breathing...)

[/Darth Vader voice]