Thanks you SDNers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdmOMR

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If it wasnt for you I would not have gotten my act together and gotten serious about school. I put a lot of work into trying to salvage my GPA and it has payed off this semester. I am normally a B student and I ended up with a 3.93 GPA (5 A's, 1 A-) this semester bringing my overall GPA up .25 of a point (to around a 3.25). It wasnt a blow off semester either, included Cell Bio and Organic chem+lab. I also hope that people like me this late in the game dont give up and realize that GPA's can be raised contrary to belief. I still have a long way to go to geting into D-school (DAT, 1 more semester of grades, etc.), but I think I took a step in the right direction.

Now Im not fishing for compliments, half of the people on here have a 3.9+ for 3 years and deserve way more kudos than I do...I just want to hopefully give people the inspiration and to show that you dont have to be a genius to get good grades in college and turn yourself around and I want to thank the people on here for being straight forward about what it takes to get in. I have been fed BS from everywhere saying "Oh ya, you will get in," from people who have no idea how the application process is, and did not hear the truth till I came on here. Thanks again:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Nice work bro! :thumbup: Keep it up.

congratss! dental schools love IMPROVEMENT.

study hard for the DAT (like im suppose to be doin rite now).. and you have a good chance of getting in somewhere.

keep it up! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
camaro, you rock. keep on rockin and we'll all be calling you dr.camaro before too long.

Congrats dude, but how if you have basically one semester left, can you possibly raise your gpa from based on your signiture from a 3.0 to a 3.25 from one semester??

Thanks guys for the great words. Hopefully I can keep it up like you guys said...thanks again. I like the sound of Dr.Camaro :D

Congrats dude, but how if you have basically one semester left, can you possibly raise your gpa from based on your signiture from a 3.0 to a 3.25 from one semester??

It was a 3.0, and after this semester its a 3.25, I just have changed it yet.

Thanks guys for the great words. Hopefully I can keep it up like you guys said...thanks again. I like the sound of Dr.Camaro :D

It was a 3.0, and after this semester its a 3.25, I just have changed it yet.

It is probably one semester left of junior year before applying this summer. That is what I am assuming.

If it wasnt for you I would not have gotten my act together and gotten serious about school. I put a lot of work into trying to salvage my GPA and it has payed off this semester. I am normally a B student and I ended up with a 3.93 GPA (5 A's, 1 A-) this semester bringing my overall GPA up .25 of a point (to around a 3.25). It wasnt a blow off semester either, included Cell Bio and Organic chem+lab. I also hope that people like me this late in the game dont give up and realize that GPA's can be raised contrary to belief. I still have a long way to go to geting into D-school (DAT, 1 more semester of grades, etc.), but I think I took a step in the right direction.

Now Im not fishing for compliments, half of the people on here have a 3.9+ for 3 years and deserve way more kudos than I do...I just want to hopefully give people the inspiration and to show that you dont have to be a genius to get good grades in college and turn yourself around and I want to thank the people on here for being straight forward about what it takes to get in. I have been fed BS from everywhere saying "Oh ya, you will get in," from people who have no idea how the application process is, and did not hear the truth till I came on here. Thanks again:thumbup:

Congrats bro!!! Keep it up!! You're almost there!!

Nice job, that is a HUGE turnaround. Another semester like that with some decent DAT scores should make the your app process much smoother.

Congratulations and good luck in the future.