1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

thanks

Discussion in 'Dental' started by RxMTM, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RxMTM

RxMTM Class of 2013

Pharmacy Student
    thanks to all who gave me decent responses. just a warning to anyone who has an honest and sincere question. Avoid posting it on this forum because you will only be ridiculed and your intelligence will be questioned. Thank you.:thumbdown:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I did not post on your other post, but I do want to make a quick response. First of all, please don't take this as if I am ridiculing this post or the other. I am merely giving my opinion on what I have read. Next, the question really did skirt TOS since your post was seeking opinions from a patient standpoint and not from a provider standpoint. Personally, I felt the thread should have been closed before it ever got to the point where you feel people were ridiculing you. But, I do feel that you are being a little sensitive regarding the responses. I understand you are concerned about the treatment you received. I have read the closed thread over again. At the point you felt the responses were a little hostile, I realistically didn't see anything hostile at all. One was joking, but I felt overall people responded alright without being insulting. They answered the best way they can over the internet. Realistically, it is impossible for anyone on this forum or any other forum to determine if you were being taken advantage of or not. There are a lot of things we would need to know and see to determine to what extent of SRP therapy was needed to assist getting the tissues healthy again. The treatment would depend on how deep the pockets were, how much bone loss you had, how much calculus you had, where was the calculus located, etc. No one can determine that on there. For that reason alone, seeking dental advice should never be done on the internet whether it be with dental students or dentists who have been practicing for 10-30 yrs.

I am sorry you feel you were ridiculed, but I do feel that people did answer the question as well as they could given the amount of information you provided us. Again, I do feel the thread should have been closed before it ever got to the point you felt people were being hostile.

4. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird
    Administrator Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    starting a new thread about a closed one is not allowed either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.