The AB Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyones school use this AB grade. I have never heard of it. Just wonder if anyone uses it and what kind of % it is equal to?

Members don't see this ad.

I have never seen it before either. I actually called AADSAS to speak with a representative about this issue (and A+) since my institution uses neither A+ or AB. An AADSAS rep said that some colleges do in fact use those designations, and that their "system" is designed to work with all. She also said that you should just put exactly what it says on your transcript......so if you got an A....put A.....not A+ (unless your school uses A+).............she also said that your calculated AADSAS GPA's may be slightly lower than whats on your real transcript. Can anyone back me up on that last statement?

I have never seen it before either. I actually called AADSAS to speak with a representative about this issue (and A+) since my institution uses neither A+ or AB. An AADSAS rep said that some colleges do in fact use those designations, and that their "system" is designed to work with all. She also said that you should just put exactly what it says on your transcript......so if you got an A....put A.....not A+ (unless your school uses A+).............she also said that your calculated AADSAS GPA's may be slightly lower than whats on your real transcript. Can anyone back me up on that last statement?

Putting an A+ for a grade in which you deserved A?
In my school only 0.1% students get an A+. Trust me, your not missing out on anything potential.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive heard that some schools use the AB grade so that it doesnt hurt students on that A-/B+ zone... so where as dropping from a 3.7 to a 3.3, some schools will use an AB grade so that youd get a 3.5 instead (and so on for BC)

if I remember it correctly, someone's GPA got converted to over 4.0.

ive heard that some schools use the AB grade so that it doesnt hurt students on that A-/B+ zone... so where as dropping from a 3.7 to a 3.3, some schools will use an AB grade so that youd get a 3.5 instead (and so on for BC)

ugh, I wish my school used AB....3.7 to 3.3 is a big drop between 1 grade distinction.

UW-Madison uses ABs and it shows as a 3.5 on your transcript.