The Application Process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have a couple questions...
1) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive your PCAT score? How long does it take schools that do not use pharmcas to receive your PCAT score?

2) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive an electronic LOR? How long does it take a school that does not use pharmcas to receive your LOR?

3) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive your transcript and calculate your pharmcas GPA? How long does it take non pharmcas school to receive your transcript and calculate GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

1) for me it was about 1 to 2 weeks

2) electronic LOR was pretty instantaneous for me (sat next to my pharmacist when she sent it in and then I checked and it was recorded in my application). not sure about non pharmcas schools

3) It really depends on when you apply. For me I finished my application about mid-October and it took about 2 weeks to receive and calculate GPA. For non-PharmCAS schools it also would vary but probably expect at least 2 weeks (most likely more) for them to receive and calculate GPA

I just have a couple questions...
1) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive your PCAT score? How long does it take schools that do not use pharmcas to receive your PCAT score?

2) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive an electronic LOR? How long does it take a school that does not use pharmcas to receive your LOR?

3) How long does it take Pharmcas to receive your transcript and calculate your pharmcas GPA? How long does it take non pharmcas school to receive your transcript and calculate GPA?

1. It generally took about 3 weeks for me, both ways.
2. Electronic LORs, once submitted, was less than a week. If your recommendation has to be sent by traditional mail, give it at least 2 weeks. If they accept it electronically, by e-mail, then about 1 week or instantly if the admissions office is on point.
3. This takes like a month, but depends on when you submit. The closer to deadlines you submit the longer it takes. For non PharmCAS, they just accept your transcript.