The Audiology Oath

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalAud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Audiology Oath

• As a Doctor of Audiology, I pledge to practice the art and science of my profession to the best of my ability and to be ethical in conduct.

• I will respect and honor my teachers, and also those who forged the path I freely follow.

• According to their example, I will continue to expand my knowledge and improve my skills.

• I will collaborate with my fellow audiologists and other professionals for the benefit of our patients.

• I will, to the best of my ability and judgment, evaluate, manage, and treat my patients.

• I will willingly do no harm, but rather always strive to provide care according to the standards of the profession.

• I will act to the benefit of those needing care, striving to see that none go untreated.

• I will practice when competent to do so, and refer all others to practitioners capable of providing care in keeping with this oath.

• I will aspire to personal and professional conduct free from corruption.

• I will keep in confidence all information made known to me about my patients.

• As a Doctor of Audiology, I agree to be held accountable for any violation of this oath and the ethics of the profession.

• While I keep this Oath inviolate, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of audiology, respected by all persons, in all times.
http://www.audfound.org/files/AudiologyOath.pdf

Members don't see this ad.