The best gift for veterinary medicine student

Started by Mikoula
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mikoula

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I was just wondering if you guys could help me with ideas to what kind of gifts would be perfect for a veterinary medicine student, just starting vet school. Things other than engraved stethoscope, something you guys use a lot in school would be perfect. Any ideas would be utterly appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your help
 
I know that I would LOVE a nice big thermos to keep the tons of coffee hot that I need to drink during class! Hope that helps some.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think a great gift would be if someone had my closest friends and family write a short note that was very encouraging and supportive, telling me how much they love me, how great I am, and maybe throw in a few memories we shared... so when I get down and discouraged in school or just worn out, I could look through it and be a little revived.

Just a thought. But I think it'd come in handy and mean a lot.

Thermos, also a good idea.
 
Gift certificate for a massage!!! Or manicure/pedicure, facial, something. Stress relief and definitely not affordable on student loans. Perfect for exam time! Or movie theater gift certificate...anything that makes them feel like a "real" person instead of "just" a vet student.
 
Gift certificate for a massage!!! Or manicure/pedicure, facial, something.

100% agree with the above! Any kind of self-care item like this is so desperately wanted in school but so seldom taken.

I also would vote for other "consumables", like coffee gifts cards, gift certificates to a local bookstore or publisher of vet-related books, live theatre tickets, etc...