The best gift for veterinary medicine student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikoula

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering if you guys could help me with ideas to what kind of gifts would be perfect for a veterinary medicine student, just starting vet school. Things other than engraved stethoscope, something you guys use a lot in school would be perfect. Any ideas would be utterly appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I know that I would LOVE a nice big thermos to keep the tons of coffee hot that I need to drink during class! Hope that helps some.

Members don't see this ad :)
a voice recorder to record lectures? hehe

I think a great gift would be if someone had my closest friends and family write a short note that was very encouraging and supportive, telling me how much they love me, how great I am, and maybe throw in a few memories we shared... so when I get down and discouraged in school or just worn out, I could look through it and be a little revived.

Just a thought. But I think it'd come in handy and mean a lot.

Thermos, also a good idea.

Gift certificate for a massage!!! Or manicure/pedicure, facial, something. Stress relief and definitely not affordable on student loans. Perfect for exam time! Or movie theater gift certificate...anything that makes them feel like a "real" person instead of "just" a vet student.

Gift certificate for a massage!!! Or manicure/pedicure, facial, something.

100% agree with the above! Any kind of self-care item like this is so desperately wanted in school but so seldom taken.

I also would vote for other "consumables", like coffee gifts cards, gift certificates to a local bookstore or publisher of vet-related books, live theatre tickets, etc...