The Chancesssss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocdp09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.5gpa, 3.7science gpa, 210 volunteering hours, spent 1 week building homes in new orleans, shadowed 150 hrs of my family DO, school government senator, published a few articles for my research, vp of chemistry club, double major in biochemistry/chemistry, 26mcat, and am planning on going on a 7week volunteer trip to ghana. do i have a shot? i think my mcat is pretty low so im thinking about retaking it. what do you guys suggest

Members don't see this ad.

ocdp09 said:
I have a 3.5gpa, 3.7science gpa, 210 volunteering hours, spent 1 week building homes in new orleans, shadowed 150 hrs of my family DO, school government senator, published a few articles for my research, vp of chemistry club, double major in biochemistry/chemistry, 26mcat, and am planning on going on a 7week volunteer trip to ghana. do i have a shot? i think my mcat is pretty low so im thinking about retaking it. what do you guys suggest

unless you are also applying to M.D. schools, a 26 MCAT is definitely not low for DO schools, infact i am taking the august MCAT and would be thrilled with a 26, there are only like 3 out of the 23 DO schools that have an MCAT average higher than 26 (COMP, UMDNJ-SOM, and i think TCOM) plus ur g.p.a is high and ur extracurriculars sound good, have you applied now? if not you should. i think ur more than fine. good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
ocdp09 said:

You'll get into most DO schools.

The only ones you might have trouble with are the ranked state schools (i.e. TCOM, MSU-COM, OSU-COM, etc.)

ocdp09 said:

Your application sounds very well rounded with good numbers. I wouldn't put myself through the MCAT again if I were you. I was wondering what organization you will be volunteering for in Ghana and if it relates to the health care field. I have been looking into different opportunities abroad particularly in Africa or South America, and would be interested in any information you have. Thanks.

global crossroad

I think you're good to go....apply broadly (even allopathic, remember you are looking at statistical averages). I am in a very similar place with the MCAT. I think it will all work out! :)

BTW--I went to TCOM's interview last week and their incoming 2006 stats are lower this year. 27 MCAT and 3.53'ish GPA. :D

ocdp09 said:

I think you have a pretty good chance to get into DO school

ocdp09 said:

You're all set, I think... what was your 26 breakdown...?