Sep 30, 2013
CT
Status
Pre-Dental
Took the DAT a few days ago and got halfway into the program when the entire system shutdown.

As a result, my work was negated and I am forced to reschedule and take the DAT again. Has this happened to anyone else before at Prometric?

StumpMT

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2013
Indiana
Status
Pre-Dental
I have yet to take the DAT so obviously this hasn't not happened to me, but I just want to say that sucks!!! Sorry that happened to you. I'd be pissed if that happened to me especially if applications were waiting on it. Well at least you know what to expect in terms of questions for the next run at it.

Glimmer1991

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2012
NC
Status
Dental Student
The testing center shut down for aqz last year, and he had to take his test a week later. You can find his experience in the "ultimate breakdown thread" link in my signature. I'm so sorry this happened to you!!

Illfavor

5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2012
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
There are some threads about med students taking national tests that have had similar problems. Nothing kind to say about Prometric...

aqz

5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2011
Status
Dental Student
The test center shut down before I had a chance to take the test, so not exactly the same experience. I would say yours is better because you now have an idea of what to expect.

If you felt prepared during the test, just maintain your study habits. If you didn't feel prepared, now's a good chance to work on the questions you may have freaked out on.

Oct 2, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
There are some threads about med students taking national tests that have had similar problems. Nothing kind to say about Prometric...
I wonder how much Prometric makes in profit. They sure do a bad job.