• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

DMD to Be

not luffin' this weather.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm about to register to take the dreaded DAT and I was wondering if it would matter if I took it early August or mid August. Hmm, say the 5th? or the 18th? I've been taking some practice test and scoring around 17 in academic and 19/20 in pat, but I haven't really started any hardcore studying(been taking orgII this summer). You think a month of studying... say 4-5 hours a day will work? The only subject that I'm really struggling with is bio, and I haven't had gen. biology for over 2 years. I'm pretty consistently getting 18's and above on others, just 13's and 14's on biology. Help please!!!! I just bought campbell's 6th ed. bio, and topscore just came in the mail the other day, and I was wondering if I should study for a couple of weeks and then do those practice tests, or take them now or what?? The days are getting shorter and I'm getting worried... :(

DMD to Be

not luffin' this weather.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
DMD to Be said:
I'm about to register to take the dreaded DAT and I was wondering if it would matter if I took it early August or mid August. Hmm, say the 5th? or the 18th? I've been taking some practice test and scoring around 17 in academic and 19/20 in pat, but I haven't really started any hardcore studying(been taking orgII this summer). You think a month of studying... say 4-5 hours a day will work? The only subject that I'm really struggling with is bio, and I haven't had gen. biology for over 2 years. I'm pretty consistently getting 18's and above on others, just 13's and 14's on biology. Help please!!!! I just bought campbell's 6th ed. bio, and topscore just came in the mail the other day, and I was wondering if I should study for a couple of weeks and then do those practice tests, or take them now or what?? The days are getting shorter and I'm getting worried... :(

whoops. wrong place... I re-posted in the dat forum. my bad.. :cool:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.