The Dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColdFish

Swimming downstream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simple question, can you take the American DAT in Canada? I am in the states right now, the semester is over and my pregnant wife and two year old son are now back in Canada. I want to get up there as soon as possible, and rather than study down here any longer I want to know if I can just head up there and take the American DAT. The last thing I need is the proctor handing me a little bar of soap when I thought I was signed up for the American version. First hand knowledge would be nice.

Members don't see this ad.

This might be a little late for Coldfish, but yes, you can take the American DAT in Canada. There are only a few test centres (Prometric, I believe)? If you're in Toronto, there is a test centre at Yonge & York Mills.

I'm writing the American DAT in Kitchener at the end of the month. So yes, there are prometric centers in most major cities. You can write it here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info although it was a little late. i already was able to take the DAT in Calgary, (during a stampede lunch...long story). As for your question Navy, we say write the test because your writing on it, I say take now because I did undergrad in the US and it is still weird but I just keep practicing my americanese.

are you trying to tell us Coldfish that part of your DAT may have been diminished due to a ruckus of drunken cowpoke gettin' their ho-down on out side the window of the prometric center?

are you trying to tell us Coldfish that part of your DAT may have been diminished due to a ruckus of drunken cowpoke gettin' their ho-down on out side the window of the prometric center?

That is exactly what I am saying. friggin cowboys.

You don't write or take the test; you actually sit for it.;)