The day in the life as a medical resident

Watched the entire show. It was inspirational and very good.! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I watched the series of videos and even though I don't want to do pediatric stuff this was still interesting. I'm sure with the change of patients this is just like any other post medical school residency. It was very interesting I like it and it just makes me want to become a doctor even more : )

Here is a longer but more detailed documentary of the lives of 7 students from med school to residents to doctors ( 21 years) and how their life changed..kind of depressing though...
http://video.pbs.org/video/1114402491/subject/957383708

After watching the video the entire 2 hours, I have to say it is such a wonderful walk through of the life as a medical student (1st through 4th year) and internship + residency. The video has taught me a lot and I have to admit that they make valid points about things we should all consider and things which have happened to these doctors throughout their lives now years later; the constant struggle they have had through their years of training, the impacts on their marital and outside life, as well as on their physical well-being.

Overall I think the video gives a vivid description of what many people will be going through and the potential negatives of entering the field and whether it is the perfect choice for oneself.

I watched both of them. I liked the second one because it really showed some negatives (all the people who got married were latter divorced and etc =P). Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Super Bump, for those that never saw or searched it, Great video.

Thanks for bumping, I'm defiantly going to watch this some time tomorrow.

the only person who is happy at the end of doctors diaries is the woman who ends up working in a pharma company and not practicing medicine

the only person who is happy at the end of doctors diaries is the woman who ends up working in a pharma company and not practicing medicine

Amen to that :laugh: