The Dreaded "Do I Push it Back?" Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbuSimpson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me just preface this by saying that I just did a few UW blocks that were lower than average, and although I thought I was on my way "up," UW has an amazing way of making you discouraged.

Ok, so I've been reading a lot of your experiences and it seems that I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

I have about 10 days until Step 2 and I'm about 50% thru UW. My average right now is about 55% overall, with random timed 46Q blocks probably around 60%.

I am planning on applying for a competitive residency and would like to get a step 2 score of 235/240+ (My step 1 was mid 220's). However, I don't want to push this thing back and keep it hanging over my head.

Should I push it back? If no, then what should I do with my 10 days? Did your scores on UW go up toward the end?! I have qbook for step 2 and crush as well...

Thanks in advance.
Abu

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on taking mine in 4 weeks, and from the people I've talked to, the best thing that helped them answer questions on the real exam was UW questions. They would tell me questions they had on the exam that they didn't know, and I knew them from UW. It was straight from there.

I would say take as much time as you can going over UW, and try to get through ALL the questions.

I pushed mine back 2 weeks to be able to get through UW twice.

I think you're probably stressing over this test too much. Most people I know only set aside anywhere from a weekend to a week to study for Step 2.

1- at the same time, most people on this forum are freaks of nature.

2- when is the deadline for us to take the exam so that it can still be reported with ERAS?

p