The dreaded waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rolltide15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys so I was recently waitlisted at one school and I wanted to hear if you guys had any tips on ways to improve my application to remove myself from the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Letter of Intent is your best (and pretty much only) chance. Nothing else you can do. Do things that can make you seem more competitive and qualified. Update them accordingly.

Letter of Intent is your best (and pretty much only) chance. Nothing else you can do. Do things that can make you seem more competitive and qualified. Update them accordingly.
How would you go about sendin an update? Through a word document send a paragraph of what you have done recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
How would you go about sendin an update? Through a word document send a paragraph of what you have done recently?

You could just send it in the email. That's what I did for all of mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Do letters of recommendation make a difference?

You could just send it in the email. That's what I did for all of mine.
What do you guys think about sending an unofficial transcript updating them on any grades you got after you submitted your application?

Amen brother.

What do you guys think about sending an unofficial transcript updating them on any grades you got after you submitted your application?

Sure, that doesn't hurt at all.

Are the waitlists ranked or are you there in the order you interviewed?

You have to call or email them if they accept unofficial transcripts. In my opinion, I don't think they do...

If I am on 3 waitlists, Touro, western, ASDOH what are my chances of getting accepted..... this blows :(

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am on 3 waitlists, Touro, western, ASDOH what are my chances of getting accepted..... this blows :(
As time passes, your chances of getting accepted goes down the drain. I would consider re-applying by the first week of March or April if you are still waitlisted.

Someone said that Touro won't start looking at the waitlist until April 1st because they don't know how many people are going to enroll. April 1st is the day that the schools can see who is holding multiple acceptances.

Someone said that Touro won't start looking at the waitlist until April 1st because they don't know how many people are going to enroll. April 1st is the day that the schools can see who is holding multiple acceptances.
"Someone" has no backbone to your statement. I would email or call the admissions office for a confirmation. The chances of you getting accepted off the waitlist, provided that another applicant gave up their seat are very low, not impossible.

"Someone" has no backbone to your statement. I would email or call the admissions office for a confirmation. The chances of you getting accepted off the waitlist, provided that another applicant gave up their seat are very low, not impossible.

It was a person on SDN that posted it in the Touro class of 2021 don't remember his name hence the "someone" and he called the admissions office so my statement does have backbone

It was a person on SDN that posted it in the Touro class of 2021 don't remember his name hence the "someone" and he called the admissions office so my statement does have backbone

Let me help you out here bud,

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...1-interview-acceptance-thread.1208019/page-12
@mcbnerd "I was told they won't look at the waitlisted until April 1."

If you very desperate and interested in Touro, then you would have called or emailed yourself. Who knows who mcbnerd is... better to hear it from the admissions board member directly. We could be playing a game of telephone. LOL

Let me help you out here bud,

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...1-interview-acceptance-thread.1208019/page-12
@mcbnerd "I was told they won't look at the waitlisted until April 1."

If you very desperate and interested in Touro, then you would have called or emailed yourself. Who knows who mcbnerd is... better to hear it from the admissions board member directly. We could be playing a game of telephone. LOL

Okay first off relax dude youre getting way to heated. Congrats you found the link, I said the same thing earlier but you questioned my source. I was answering a question asked in the thread to the best of my knowledge that is what we all do. None of us are on the admissions committee but all of us are applicants that are trying to figure out where we stand and what we are doing with our lives. Next time ill make sure to put a list of every thread I've ever looked at to come to the conclusion I'm writing. I am sure the person has tried to call Touro or e-mail them and I am sure just like most people that try to call they dont get an answer so they resort to SDN.

Okay first off relax dude youre getting way to heated. Congrats you found the link, I said the same thing earlier but you questioned my source. I was answering a question asked in the thread to the best of my knowledge that is what we all do. None of us are on the admissions committee but all of us are applicants that are trying to figure out where we stand and what we are doing with our lives. Next time ill make sure to put a list of every thread I've ever looked at to come to the conclusion I'm writing. I am sure the person has tried to call Touro or e-mail them and I am sure just like most people that try to call they dont get an answer so they resort to SDN.

Okay bruh I'm so relaxed right now. You are finally heated in defending your interest in Touro. I smell the desperation now. ;)

Okay bruh I'm so relaxed right now. You are finally heated in defending your interest in Touro. I smell the desperation now. ;)
So desperate because I forgot I was the one that asked specifically about Touro

I called them this morning because I am really interested in going to Touro. I asked them if they received my letters of intent and they said they did and won't look at waitlists for another month and a half, which I assume is April 1. I even asked to clarify that I won't be hearing anything until a month and a half. That is what I was told and any new information is helpful for those on the waitlist. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Simple fact is I called, got information, and relayed it to SDN.

I called them this morning because I am really interested in going to Touro. I asked them if they received my letters of intent and they said they did and won't look at waitlists for another month and a half, which I assume is April 1. I even asked to clarify that I won't be hearing anything until a month and a half. That is what I was told and any new information is helpful for those on the waitlist. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Simple fact is I called, got information, and relayed it to SDN.
Thanks for clarifying things up and letting others know.