The Fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cemented

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to UNC CHapel Hill and plan on going, my question is how do i get the loan progress started? I know i need to do my Fasfa, but all the stuff I can find is about loans for this year. Any help on how to get started would be great. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted to UNC CHapel Hill and plan on going, my question is how do i get the loan progress started? I know i need to do my Fasfa, but all the stuff I can find is about loans for this year. Any help on how to get started would be great. Thank you

After January 1st you can file your FAFSA. After that, they process it. Then your school gives you a cost of attendance and an offer for loan amounts/scholarships based on your EFC from your FAFSA. Last, you choose a lender if your school doesn't do direct lending. The lender choosing process doesn't have to be done until about June/July, but everything else should be ready to increase your chances of getting scholarships. Also, make sure you include parental info on your FAFSA as it is required to receive institutional aid at most schools.