DAT The Gold Standard DAT DVDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
datfrontcover3.JPG

DAT Dental Admissions Test Prep
Dr. Brett Ferdinand
Category: Video DVDs
12 Videos; instructional

mark3.jpg
Fully updated DAT Review for 2009 !
mark3.jpg
12 Video DVDs cover all the important DAT science topics.
mark3.jpg
Clear lecture-style teaching!
mark3.jpg
This brand new 2009 Edition now comes with a DAT Study Plan !
mark3.jpg
Biology, General and Organic Chemistry !
mark3.jpg
All videos can be played on a regular DVD player.

Click to see your MCAT Biology Video DVD index.

Click to see your MCAT Organic Chemistry Video DVD index.
Click to see your MCAT General Chemistry Video DVD index.

Gold Standard DAT will give away one copy of The Goldstandard DAT DVDs to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

* There are no specific DAT videos. However, students started buying these videos and telling us that they were amazing for the DAT. The science topics described by the ADA for the DAT test are the same as the science subject reviews from MCAT-prep.com for Biology, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry (you can look at the video index by clicking on the subjects above).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Besides the study guide and DVDs, does this product contain any type of reading material to follow along with the DVDs?

Also how much is this product?

Does it explain in detail each part of the type of questions you could possibly see on the DAT?

Definately interested because if it's really just 12 hours of videos, all the concepts would be fresh in my head within 1 day if I really wanted to :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What are some of the stats from previous students who have taken your Course for the DAT?

How are the materials explained on the DVD's. Is it like a classroom setting where someone is lecturing or is it more of a problem based learning??

how many people have taken the course and how many have done well?

How long are the DVDs? Are the concepts easy to understand?

Does this product also comes with some sort of a book or study guide?

How are the materials explained on the DVD's. Is it like a classroom setting where someone is lecturing or is it more of a problem based learning??

I'd like to know this as well. Is it a video camera set up at the back of a classroom....a video camera up close and personal with an instructor and a dry erase board....or is it something like Smart Technologies where the video you're watching is actually a screen-capture video tool that captures what the instructor is writing on his/her Tablet PC (i.e.: you see the instructors screen and hear his/her voice, but don't see anything else but the screen)?

Thanks,

2thDMD

Has anybody ever used these DVD's for their own personal study (or known anybody that has)?

I saw these awhile ago and have been wondering that, but haven't seen one post from anybody that has used them.

2thDMD

Im excited to see that there is a Gold Standard for the DAT now. Ive heard great stuff about it regarding their MCAT prep. I hope the DAT prep will be just as good.

Does Gold standard for DAT also have a DVD for QR math section?

I think these DVD's would work best for students who are visual learners and audio learners. What a great concept!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really need help with Organic chemistry!! This looks like a great resource!

I was just wondering if it covered all the topics provided by ADA ?

Organic chem is not one of my strongest subjects and I'm sure that the DVDs would help a lot.

Also how much is this product?

Does it explain in detail each part of the type of questions you could possibly see on the DAT?

.The Gold Standard DAT DVDs are currently on promotion for $199 US, which covers Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry and Biology. Please visit our website for further details: MCAT Bookstore.
.It is a full science review that covers all the topics which may be found on the DAT exam. .
.Good luck with your studies!.

Definately interested because if it's really just 12 hours of videos, all the concepts would be fresh in my head within 1 day if I really wanted to :)

.Yes there is only 4 hours of video per topic and it covers all the topics that are found on the DAT exam..

What are some of the stats from previous students who have taken your Course for the DAT?

.We followed students who used our DAT Videos: 66% were accepted to dental school within 3 years of taking our program....

.The videos are recordings of Dr. Ferdinand teaching, which are similar to personalized tutorials sessions, but they are not interactive. ...

how many people have taken the course and how many have done well?

.I do not have access to the exact number of people who have used these DVDs, however there is a long list. As mentioned previously, w..e followed students who used our DAT Videos: 66% were accepted to dental school within 3 years of taking our program..

Good luck with your studies!

How long are the DVDs? Are the concepts easy to understand?

.Each topic is 4 hours long for a total of 12 hours. The concepts are all explained in detail and are presented in a way that is very easy to understand. .

I'd like to know this as well. Is it a video camera set up at the back of a classroom....a video camera up close and personal with an instructor and a dry erase board....or is it something like Smart Technologies where the video you're watching is actually a screen-capture video tool that captures what the instructor is writing on his/her Tablet PC (i.e.: you see the instructors screen and hear his/her voice, but don't see anything else but the screen)?

Thanks,

2thDMD

.It is a video camera set up close ..and personal with an instructor and a dry erase board..

Has anybody ever used these DVD's for their own personal study (or known anybody that has)?

I saw these awhile ago and have been wondering that, but haven't seen one post from anybody that has used them.

2thDMD

.We have had students use these DVDs for the DAT, the MCAT and even for science review in high school and college..
. .
.Good luck with your studies! .

Im excited to see that there is a Gold Standard for the DAT now. Ive heard great stuff about it regarding their MCAT prep. I hope the DAT prep will be just as good.

.The Gold Standard DAT DVDs are the same quality as those used for the Gold Standard MCAT DVDs. I’m sure you will be satisfied if you try them!.

I think these DVD's would work best for students who are visual learners and audio learners. What a great concept!

.Gold Standard is very pleased that you are very satisfied with our DAT DVDs!.
. .

I was just wondering if it covered all the topics provided by ADA ?

.The science topics described by the ADA for the DAT test are the same as the science subject reviews from MCAT-prep.com for Biology, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry..

Does this product just provide lectures on the sciences?

thanks for participating

.Each topic is 4 hours long for a total of 12 hours. The concepts are all explained in detail and are presented in a way that is very easy to understand. .

Thank you!

.Gold Standard is very pleased that you are very satisfied with our DAT DVDs!.

This will definitely benefit me because I am a visual learner, I hope I can get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.