The Good News Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricH

Backside Attack!!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As people interested in medicine I believe we share a common interest in healing and wellness. Recently I have been feeling that our world is sick and my feeling of helpless malaise is growing. It seems that everywhere I look I see houses foreclosed, people out of work, and the news talking about more job losses and bailouts.

I could use some good news.

I am starting this thread so people can post things that are right in the world and things for which they are grateful.

Please help me make some chicken soup for the Pre-DO soul.

Members don't see this ad.

I always find people e-mailing me about this old story, in an attempt to lift my spirits sometimes, haha.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXwG-bAf1k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I always find people e-mailing me about this old story, in an attempt to lift my spirits sometimes, haha.

[youtube]ozXwG-bAf1k[/youtube]

Ive seen this video before, but it had a different sound track which IMO was way better than the one that that one had. Thats not really that important, but just thought I'd share. Still a very inspirational video to watch! Of course are similar stories like that that didn't quite as nicely, but I dont wanna put a damper on the good news thread!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozXwG-bAf1k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for this!

I don't think this is quite in the spirit I was shooting for in this thread...and the link dosen't work.

yes it dose

What I am grateful for:

1. When I get home my foster daughter:

untitled.jpg

smiles at me.

2. I have a wonderful wife who is pregnant with our first
3. I am healthy and pain free
4. My mother in law found a job and can pay her mortgage
5. I got an interview at Western
6. I live in a country where I am even able to apply to med school
7. The MCAT is over...

Here is some good news: http://www.cnbc.com/id/27239479/site/14081545
Here is a letter by a Hedge Fund manager who made 866% profit from the subprime crash. He knew it would happen so he bet against it. He also give some recommendations about what we should do.

What I am grateful for:

1. When I get home my foster daughter:

untitled.jpg

smiles at me.

2. I have a wonderful wife who is pregnant with our first
3. I am healthy and pain free
4. My mother in law found a job and can pay her mortgage
5. I got an interview at Western
6. I live in a country where I am even able to apply to med school
7. The MCAT is over...

Cute kid. Congrats.

My mom told me she saw gas in San Diego (by my hous) selling for 1.99 a gallon. If that isnt cause for celebration, then i dunno what is!

Even in LA, where I am now, you can easily find gas for like 2.30 a gallon, which is not bad at all.

I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

My mom told me she saw gas in San Diego (by my hous) selling for 1.99 a gallon. If that isnt cause for celebration, then i dunno what is!

Even in LA, where I am now, you can easily find gas for like 2.30 a gallon, which is not bad at all.

No kidding. What the hell happened with that anyway? Economics is voodoo man, I tell ya.

Gas is now 1.93 per gallon where I am and 1.79 at some other places. :D

No kidding. What the hell happened with that anyway? Economics is voodoo man, I tell ya.

Proof that the high prices were artificially inflated, not based upon supply and demand.