The "hold" status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2tran

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OKay, i just got a letter from palm beach university today saying that I am on the "hold" status till they get my PCAT scores. Should I be ecstatic that its not a flat-out rejection letter or do all universities HAVE to say you're on hold since they have not received all the required materials? Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

And does this mean that if my PCAT score is good, I am accepted? And exactly what kind of score will get me into the school?

Too many unanswered questions =)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

2tran said:
OKay, i just got a letter from palm beach university today saying that I am on the "hold" status till they get my PCAT scores. Should I be ecstatic that its not a flat-out rejection letter or do all universities HAVE to say you're on hold since they have not received all the required materials? Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

And does this mean that if my PCAT score is good, I am accepted? And exactly what kind of score will get me into the school?

Too many unanswered questions =)
Thanks!

The school obviously cannot make a decision until all your materials are received. I wouldn't know the answer since I'm not an admissions person, but IMO I personally feel that before an application is sent to and reviewed by the admissions committee for any type of decision to be made, the application should be complete. So IMO, I dont think your application has been fully reviewed yet.

The school's website shows the stats from the previous year's incoming class. I got accepted with an 84, but Janell's assistant told me that they've accepted students with a 72.

2tran said:
Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

They haven't sent you a rejection letter, so I would guess the answer would be no.

Good luck! :luck:

Did you already have an interview there? or is this all without interview?

2005pharmD said:
Did you already have an interview there? or is this all without interview?

Yes, I had an interview there about two weeks ago.