The "hold" status

Started by 2tran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2tran

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OKay, i just got a letter from palm beach university today saying that I am on the "hold" status till they get my PCAT scores. Should I be ecstatic that its not a flat-out rejection letter or do all universities HAVE to say you're on hold since they have not received all the required materials? Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

And does this mean that if my PCAT score is good, I am accepted? And exactly what kind of score will get me into the school?

Too many unanswered questions =)
Thanks!
 
2tran said:
OKay, i just got a letter from palm beach university today saying that I am on the "hold" status till they get my PCAT scores. Should I be ecstatic that its not a flat-out rejection letter or do all universities HAVE to say you're on hold since they have not received all the required materials? Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

And does this mean that if my PCAT score is good, I am accepted? And exactly what kind of score will get me into the school?

Too many unanswered questions =)
Thanks!

The school obviously cannot make a decision until all your materials are received. I wouldn't know the answer since I'm not an admissions person, but IMO I personally feel that before an application is sent to and reviewed by the admissions committee for any type of decision to be made, the application should be complete. So IMO, I dont think your application has been fully reviewed yet.

The school's website shows the stats from the previous year's incoming class. I got accepted with an 84, but Janell's assistant told me that they've accepted students with a 72.

2tran said:
Can they just reject you w/o receiving your scores after you've had an interview??

They haven't sent you a rejection letter, so I would guess the answer would be no.

Good luck! :luck:
 
2005pharmD said:
Did you already have an interview there? or is this all without interview?

Yes, I had an interview there about two weeks ago.