The ideal time to begin the application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ji the Captain

The Unbreakable
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planing to attend pharmacy school in the fall of 2011. i have just started filling out my Pharmcas today..is that BAD?? assuming that all of my schools are rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Not necessarily, but get them done as soon as you thoroughly can, particularly because of the rolling schools. Some people have already submitted. I plan to submit in the next week or so.

I am planing to attend pharmacy school in the fall of 2011. i have just started filling out my Pharmcas today..is that BAD?? assuming that all of my schools are rolling admissions

Not at all. Take the time to make your app as good as possible. Rolling admissions will get you in sooner, but it won't cost you a spot. Make sure you apply before the deadline, and if you're applying to a lot of schools in a lot of places, get in early so you have time to set up all your interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all. Take the time to make your app as good as possible. Rolling admissions will get you in sooner, but it won't cost you a spot. Make sure you apply before the deadline, and if you're applying to a lot of schools in a lot of places, get in early so you have time to set up all your interviews.

hey thanks guys for the info! but my biggest concern is that my current Science and cumul GPA kinda blow, and if i do well on the coming fall semester i can pull my GPA up to a 3.2! but Im afraid if i wait for the fall semester to end i might be applying too late. is there any way the school can take my upcoming semester into consideration as well???
many thanks!!:)

hey thanks guys for the info! but my biggest concern is that my current Science and cumul GPA kinda blow, and if i do well on the coming fall semester i can pull my GPA up to a 3.2! but Im afraid if i wait for the fall semester to end i might be applying too late. is there any way the school can take my upcoming semester into consideration as well???
many thanks!!:)
Yeah there is an academic update window that opens in December to update the application with what you did in Summer and Fall so you may want to apply now, you never know, they may invite you for an interview anyway before your fall grades are posted.

Last edited:
Yeah there is an academic update window only in December to update the application with what you did in Summer and Fall so you may want to apply now, you never know, they may invite you for an interview anyway before your fall grades are posted.

thanks for the input samuri our fall grades usually dont get posted by december 15th. !! uigh

Theres always next year too if you really feel like you dont have a strong app and want your grades up. I dont know what else you have to put on your app as far as ECs but if you dont feel confident with your grades, the hundreds youll drop on applications would be a waste.

thanks for the input samuri our fall grades usually dont get posted by december 15th. !! uigh
No worries, the academic update window actually doesn't open until Dec 15 and you have until Feb 15 to update with new grades and courses. Here's the link for more details:

http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/fallcourses.htm

I meant to say "opens in December" not "only in December" lol sorry about that.

HEY! thanks for the info everyone. My concern is that some pharmacy schools will start looking at pharm cas applications before I make my changes to pharmcas.... that would suck:D

General concensus is to apply early.:thumbup:
Hey D, what's up, we haven't talked about the world cup lately! What did you think of Argentina's lost? That was pretty bad huh :( I guess this year just wasn't for south america. I hope Spain wins though, they're the closest thing we have :p

Hey D, what's up, we haven't talked about the world cup lately! What did you think of Argentina's lost? That was pretty bad huh :( I guess this year just wasn't for south america. I hope Spain wins though, they're the closest thing we have :p

I was pulling for germany but that got messed up. play for 3rd WHOO!!!

this totally isnt random:D jkjk

too bad i took a "waste of money" 1 grand kaplan PCAT prep class instead of watching the cup
booo argen

Members don't see this ad :)
this totally isnt random:D jkjk

too bad i took a "waste of money" 1 grand kaplan PCAT prep class instead of watching the cup
booo argen
Wow we can't be friends anymore, take your argentina hating ass elsewhere. just kidding. yeah if you had come online everyone would've told you how bad the kaplan course is, sorry you wasted your money. but since argentina didn't win then maybe it wasn't worth it anyway :p

I was pulling for germany but that got messed up. play for 3rd WHOO!!!
So I bet you're rooting for the Dutch now? :thumbdown: :p

Not really rooting for anyone, but if i had to choose I do like the orange...

Wow we can't be friends anymore, take your argentina hating ass elsewhere. just kidding. yeah if you had come online everyone would've told you how bad the kaplan course is, sorry you wasted your money. but since argentina didn't win then maybe it wasn't worth it anyway :p

Ugh ive been hearing rumors that the book is bad too, lol ive been doing all my reviewing out of that book too. knock on wood. :scared:

not to mention i counted a total of 15 typos the the whole book, and 2 of em were on consecutive paragraphs :hungover:

glad to see so many avid soccer fans on sdn. In case most of u havnt noticed, pharm school is just an option i had, i ready signed on to a 20 million dollar contract with barcy. :smuggrin:

Ugh ive been hearing rumors that the book is bad too, lol ive been doing all my reviewing out of that book too. knock on wood. :scared:

not to mention i counted a total of 15 typos the the whole book, and 2 of em were on consecutive paragraphs :hungover:

glad to see so many avid soccer fans on sdn. In case most of u havnt noticed, pharm school is just an option i had, i ready signed on to a 20 million dollar contract with barcy. :smuggrin:
lol are you talking about barcelona? Have you tried Dr. Collins? It's pretty similar to the real exam, it's pricey but because it guarantees results pretty much, a lot better than kaplan.

Not really rooting for anyone, but if i had to choose I do like the orange...
alright we're not cool now haha.

Last edited:
I feel bad too I am procrastinating it. When's earliest ppl receive interviews at most schools ?

lol are you talking about barcelona? Have you tried Dr. Collins? It's pretty similar to the real exam, it's pricey but because it guarantees results pretty much, a lot better than kaplan.

im def gonna hit up Dr collins as soon as i work all the problems in my kaplan book. i spent around 100 on this damn kapan book so i kinda wanna take full advantage of it, if there is any :(

I was so pissed. I mean even though they lost to Germany (I like Germany as well), I was still upset. I haven't watched a game since lol.:oops:

I was so pissed. I mean even though they lost to Germany (I like Germany as well), I was still upset. I haven't watched a game since lol.:oops:
OMG same here. I didn't have much interest in it afterward either. Take out south america and you take out the entire game. I mean they MAKE the game. The passion, the enthusiasm, the energy. I was really sad that Maradona was thinking about quitting coaching, I felt really bad for him. He took it so personally like the team consisted of his first born children.

go netherlands!!!
It's official Spain won. I wasn't too captivated by the game though a lot of ball hogging, I watched for only a few minutes. But I'm glad the Netherlands didn't win :p

OMG same here. I didn't have much interest in it afterward either. Take out south america and you take out the entire game. I mean they MAKE the game. The passion, the enthusiasm, the energy. I was really sad that Maradona was thinking about quitting coaching, I felt really bad for him. He took it so personally like the team consisted of his first born children.

It's official Spain won. I wasn't too captivated by the game though a lot of ball hogging, I watched for only a few minutes. But I'm glad the Netherlands didn't win :p

the whole game was rigged to begin with. and the refs know it :p

OP - stop creating more threads. Use the SEARCH function from now on. Really, it doesn't take that much effort to use it.