the interview season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flip26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any interviews this past year in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years?

What is a surefire dead zone for interviews? Looking for approximately 2 weeks where I can schedule an out of country trip...preferably before Christmas, so perhaps from say Dec 10 to say Dec 22...

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that'll be a possibility. Hopefully you'll be able to schedule your interviews rather than have schools tell you when you're going to be there. You could always plan your trip for next March. :p

Anybody have any interviews this past year in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years?

What is a surefire dead zone for interviews? Looking for approximately 2 weeks where I can schedule an out of country trip...preferably before Christmas, so perhaps from say Dec 10 to say Dec 22...

Not last year, but I went on 3 interviews between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then had 2 more in the first two weeks after New year's.

Most schools seemed to interview on a "school year" schedule - i.e. they stop sometime around Dec 15-20 and then restart shortly after New Year's.

Right. The most surefire 'dead zone' is from ~Dec 15-20 (depending on how the calendar works out; I'm lazy) to January 1.

Last edited: