-=The Laptop Technique for Angle Ranking=-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORLO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you struggling with angle ranking, I have two techniques that will absolutely help. My first method, called the Hill Technique, can be found here (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=545778). My second method is much easier to learn and just as effective. I'm calling it the Laptop Technique.

Note: This technique works best for obtuse angles.

After practicing several hundred angle ranking problems, I noticed that it was very difficult to distinguish between two obtuse angles that had different on-screen rotations, even if their angle sizes were as much as 10 degrees apart! To conquer this type of problem, simply imagine the obtuse angles as being laptop computers. Mentally picture the laptops as having one side flat on a table and the other side extending outward. Now simply determine which laptop is opened wider. That is the larger angle.

Although this sounds too good to be true, I suggest that you try it. You might be surprised at how well it works.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
This method worked very well for me! I'm still not 100% at it, but definitely better than with the kaplan techniques.

I had no idea this thread existed...... I too used the "laptop technique" and it is the same strategy I recommend to others.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who used this technique, I'm curious to know what your success rate is. No matter what technique I use, I can't seem to nail this section of the PAT and almost always end up getting 9,11, of 12 out of 15.