The Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenHoganFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyone fare this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I matched thanks for asking! Now, it's just a question of how far away I'll be from my fiance and best friend . . . keep you posted!

hope everyone else gets good news thursday!

Where is everybody else going??

Congrats to all!! :luck:

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'm the only one who matched - boy this forum is sad for radiology info. I'd rather spend my time getting info on here than aunt minnie, since people on here tend to be nicer and more reasonable on the whole. Although tigershark scares me.

I am going to university of chicago from uic-com. yaay hyde park (ack) :D

Matched at 1st pick for both prelim and radiology. Very elated, but not sure what to do now!

(FYI: Per PBS/Discovery Bull sharks are considered the most dangerous sharks!)

Matched at my #1 for TY and radiology. Feels good to finally have this over and done with.

matched at first choice for rads (ucsf) and transitional year! still in shock . . . and/or inebriated

Matched rads at #1 choice. VERY happy. Due to my high-profile on here, have been lying low...

:)

Congrats all of you! This has truly been an uphill battle for some of us this year. Thank goodness it's over!

sepsis said:
I guess I'm the only one who matched - boy this forum is sad for radiology info. I'd rather spend my time getting info on here than aunt minnie, since people on here tend to be nicer and more reasonable on the whole. Although tigershark scares me.

I am going to university of chicago from uic-com. yaay hyde park (ack) :D

Agreed.......there's a thread in the anesthesia forum that blew up with enthusiastic match responses........

Anyway congrats again y'all......hopefully I will be in your position in 3 years :D

-tx

Ranked 9, did not match. No success in scramble either. Frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. Did you get a prelim position?

I know a couple of people that were able to get into PGY-2 positions while doing their prelim year so you might try that.

Sorry to hear that as well. Perhaps you could do a year of research and then reapply next year?

westsidespartan said:
Ranked 9, did not match. No success in scramble either. Frustrating.

that stinks. 9 programs? that's alot. good luck down the road.

Congrats to all those who matched..

As for those who didn't, good luck on your future plans ;)