The most beautiful and aesthetically pleasing pills are....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Modest_anteater

Walgreens @ Austin, Texas.
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
benzonatate. Everyone agree? They glow gold in the light. Truly my fav script to fill.

Members don't see this ad.

they are a pain to count when they roll around on ya thou
I agree but I feel like that also adds to their beauty. As they roll the light refracts at different angles making them honesty look like liquid gold. I think the ugliest pills are the big white ones. What are other people's fav pills?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those little Vit D3 softgels look about the same (and roll as uncontrollably).

Diclegis is interesting to look at. It seems like unnecessary work goes into imprinting it. Perhaps that’s why it’s so expensive vs it’s individual ingredients.

I try to make it a point to smell olmesartan when I encounter it. I think it smells nice.

Reactions: 4 users
i have to go for the brand name valium or brand name klonopin - the fact they cut out the K and V in it is cool

Reactions: 6 users
i have to go for the brand name valium or brand name klonopin - the fact they cut out the K and V in it is cool
Yes the first time I saw them it was trippy! Looks like a street MDMA pill with it punched out looney tunes style. What do you think about the pyramidal trazodone 50 mg tabs, boring color but cool look? or the deep deep blue of the Valacyclovir 500 MG tablet.

Ativan is shaped like an “A” too.

Reactions: 1 users

It's a PIA with the cut out imprints because scales can not accurately weigh them for things like cycle counts (hand count only for accuracy)

My personal favorite:
JAN05790.JPG

What are the perfectly spherical ones? God I can’t recall but I remember the first time I poured them out and they went EVERYWHERE. I also hate the rod shaped ones for the same reason.

For esthetics I am also a fan of Xarelto.

Reactions: 1 user
What are the perfectly spherical ones? God I can’t recall but I remember the first time I poured them out and they went EVERYWHERE. I also hate the rod shaped ones for the same reason.

Progesterone capsules. Looks like candy!

I try to make it a point to smell olmesartan when I encounter it. I think it smells nice.

Am I the only one who hates the smell of olmesartan? I feel like everyone talks about how great it is but I can't stand it.

Damn, I was going to complain about how much I hate the progesterone capsules but it looks like you beat me to it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Pills that are the shape of small beads or bb pellets? I have never seen anything like that, perfectly round.

Not a pharmacist, but I like the deep blue semi-translucent dicylomine pills. The c0lor is just really aesthetically pleasing to me (and no, I do not have a prescription for them).

It's a PIA with the cut out imprints because scales can not accurately weigh them for things like cycle counts (hand count only for accuracy)

My personal favorite:
JAN05790.JPG
Does this forum let me type emojis?

Edit: nope. Insert poop emoji here.

Anyone remember the smell of name brand Suboxone tablets? They smelled like Fruit Loops.

Well I also like the smell of spironolactone, so maybe I’m the weird one.
Is that weird? Spironolactone is one of my favorites along with that divalproex that smells like vanilla

Whoever made the benzonatate needs to be relegated to hell and made to count it for the rest of their days.

Reactions: 2 users
#1: Rifampin. I nickname the pills Big Red since someone made a habit of putting a stack of big red chewing gum next to the scriptpro machine and chew a piece every time they restock them big red pills.

#2: 5mg Marinol. I mean seriously, they look like the mini butterfinger bb’s from my childhood!

I’ll never understand the reasoning butterfinger bb’s were discontinued from society (don’t compare to butterfinger bites....not the same)..

Reactions: 3 users
Am I the only one who hates the smell of olmesartan? I feel like everyone talks about how great it is but I can't stand it.

You’re not alone, I hate it too. Also, I’m starting to realize that levothyroxine smells like crap as well.

omg i'm so mad at myself for not taking a picture of this. but one time i poured out some benzonatate out to count and they stuck together like a pyramid on my counting tray and it was cool when i tapped them they all came crashing down. lol

anyway, one of those prevacids were cool. black and pink. those bright green fioricet or fiorinal are cool. prandin deer are like abercrombie pills.

there are some that look like beads what are those again? lol

the worst ever are those gigantic CHALKY gabapentin teva brand. THE WORST!!! it's like pure chalk .WHY?!

maybe the coolest ones we've never seen 'cause they're always sealed. lol

Those little Vit D3 softgels look about the same (and roll as uncontrollably).

Diclegis is interesting to look at. It seems like unnecessary work goes into imprinting it. Perhaps that’s why it’s so expensive vs it’s individual ingredients.

Yeah it smells nice but I'm not a fan of it. My doc put me on it for HTN and it had me feeling weak AF, gave me back and neck pains, and gave me these feelings of impending doom. Switched to Losartan and the side effects went away. Weird.

The smelliest one is Armour thyroid.

Surprised no one has mentioned the blue dicyclomine.

Not one Xanny bar comment? Son I am....

My favorite: Macrobid (they look like bumblebees)
001490710.jpg

Second fave: the old PCE erythromycin 333 tablets (something about the flecks catch my fancy...the tablet looks like it has measles)
DrugItem_12277.JPG

progesterone 100mg I think

Adderall, Creon, anything with a clear capsule.

Oh I almost forgot about these bad boys (for obvious reasons):

CMB09030.JPG
Is it the two colors of your favorite sports team? Sorry if it's a obv ref to popular television culture. I haven't lived in an environment with a television for a several decade at this point. I am up-to-date on many internet memes though. Blue and orange. Hmmmm....:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

My favorite: Macrobid (they look like bumblebees)
001490710.jpg

Second fave: the old PCE erythromycin 333 tablets (something about the flecks catch my fancy...the tablet looks like it has measles)
DrugItem_12277.JPG
Man PCE erythromycin 333 tablets look like vomit. I don't like these because how can you tell if they are damaged or have someone's spit on them? Ya know? It's the same reason I paint my exhaust white so I can tell when I have leaks or grease spills.

Not quite...will really test one's gag reflex
poop-pills-c8a44bb5a03771bd9fd251d2b57d28c653f8fd2b-s1600-c85.jpg
please tell me these are a custom compounded pill and not something that was ever brought to market in the USA by a corporation. Imagine having to swallow one of those!

omg i'm so mad at myself for not taking a picture of this. but one time i poured out some benzonatate out to count and they stuck together like a pyramid on my counting tray and it was cool when i tapped them they all came crashing down. lol

anyway, one of those prevacids were cool. black and pink. those bright green fioricet or fiorinal are cool. prandin deer are like abercrombie pills.

there are some that look like beads what are those again? lol

the worst ever are those gigantic CHALKY gabapentin teva brand. THE WORST!!! it's like pure chalk .WHY?!

maybe the coolest ones we've never seen 'cause they're always sealed. lol
yeah gabapentin is a pain in the butt to count. Is it just me or do the metaformin pills 500 mg and 1000 mg always look an unsettling kind of wet/moist

please tell me these are a custom compounded pill and not something that was ever brought to market in the USA by a corporation. Imagine having to swallow one of those!

I believe it's still investigational new drug status; no commercial products available & the FDA will likely have a difficult time with this one as far as getting a standard product (donor). Check out the Pharmacist's letter article on Fecal transplant therapy for C.diff

I believe it's still investigational new drug status; no commercial products available & the FDA will likely have a difficult time with this one as far as getting a standard product (donor). Check out the Pharmacist's letter article on Fecal transplant therapy for C.diff
Oh. In that case these actually look pretty decent looking for literally poo poo pills.

My favorite are probably the 400mg Delzicol that have the 4 tablets inside a clear capsule

I had a customer ask if he could have those cutouts once...

Is it the two colors of your favorite sports team? Sorry if it's a obv ref to popular television culture. I haven't lived in an environment with a television for a several decade at this point. I am up-to-date on many internet memes though. Blue and orange. Hmmmm....:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

Blue and Orange are my school's colors. ;)

I had a customer ask if he could have those cutouts once...

Dude that is hilarious. I hope you told him that you already helped yourself to the cutouts?

I wonder if he asks the grocery store for the bagel cutouts.