The MOST PAINFUL 2 Week DAT Study Plan. 22AA

Started by cutiepiec
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cutiepiec

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone!
Scores:
Bio: 22
Gen chem: 21
Ochem: 30
TS: 23
QR: 18 ouch
AA: 22
When I was studying I found great comfort in reading everyone’s DAT breakdowns. I will preface by saying my study plan was not ideal and I honestly don’t recommend this to ANYONE. I think the stress and pandemonium my life has been for the past 2 weeks has taken a dramatic toll on my health. I had gotten by in undergrad with limited studying, and didn’t think this test would be the MONSTER that it is. My academic advisor told me with my 3.9 GPA I should be fine with minimal studying for the DAT. Not sure if this is true for anyone else, but it was definitely not true for me. I definitely would have done a lot better with 2-3 months. Unless you are a genius prodigy, DONTlet people tell you this test is easy or you don’t need to study. This test is a BEAST and you need to put your time in. I am writing out my breakdown for the people who find themselves having very little time to study. I had many, FML FML FML IM GOING TO FAIL moments.
Dat Bootcamp was my main resource, and I used Kaplan to supplement. Kaplan was the biggest waste of money. The questions are much longer and harder than they need to be, and I found it to be quite discouraging and not representative of the real test.

I put in 14 hour study days for the full 14 days. At some points, I felt like I was losing my mind. When you study for that long words start blending together and your brain will just turn off. I lost 6lbs in ONE WEEK, and was 15lbs lighter than my original weight on the day I took the test. I took a shower on day 12 and realized I was losing BIG CHUNKS OF HAIR!! BIG WTF!!! I would wake up at 5am in the morning, complete my daily mantra of “you are going to fail, why the hell didn’t you start sooner?!?!” and then study until 6-8pm. I spent the first 7 days watching Mike’s Ochem and GenChem videos on max speed. I did all the notes and did all the question banks. I then would go through bio and make flash cards for every chapter. On day 10 I had about 1500 biology flash cards. I would do 750 one day and then 750 the next day up until my test.
DAT Bootcamp is the BEST resource. I purchased PAT Booster and honestly didn’t like the layout as much as Bootcamp. My PAT test on the DAT was much harder than booster and Bootcamp and I got a much lower score than anticipated. I had gotten a 22 average on PAT Booster, just goes to show, you never know what will be on the test. I wish I had done destroyer for QR practice. I really neglected the QR section and it definitely showed, boot camp’s QR prep was probably the worst out of all of their sections. So I would invest in destroyer if you have the time.
Again, I do not recommend this, I feel so sick and am prepared to go into hibernation for at least a year.
Best of luck to everyone!
Overall:
DAT Bootcamp: 1000/10
PAT Booster: 5/10
Kaplan: 1/10
 

Attachments

  • 99A8C01C-62F0-46DB-9BF8-1E0FFAD313D9.jpeg
    99A8C01C-62F0-46DB-9BF8-1E0FFAD313D9.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 281
Hi, I was wondering what was your score breakdowns on the dat bootcamp? also , i feel like i'm in a similar boat as you. my test is in around 10 days and I feel like I know nothing. Your Ochem score is killer and that's one of the sections I'm really struggling on currently. Any advice on how to improve it ? And, did you have a strong background in OChem b4 studying ? Thank you so much!!
 
Hi, I was wondering what was your score breakdowns on the dat bootcamp? also , i feel like i'm in a similar boat as you. my test is in around 10 days and I feel like I know nothing. Your Ochem score is killer and that's one of the sections I'm really struggling on currently. Any advice on how to improve it ? And, did you have a strong background in OChem b4 studying ? Thank you so much!!
Hello! Happy to help.
My scores on the last 5 Bootcamp tests were:
AA:
22
21
20
21
21

Yes, I was a TA for Ochem 1 and 2 so had a better background in Ochem for sure. I hadn’t taken the class in a few years so it was still lots of review. I recommend you print all the reaction sheets from DAT Bootcamp and rewrite them 3 times, all of the reactions. Trust me, you know more than you think. Good luck!