The "new" MCAT policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sino408

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused with this statement regarding the new computerized MCAT

How often will I be able to take the MCAT exam?
You may take the MCAT exam a maximum of three times per year, but can only register for one testing session at a time. Documentation is no longer required if you have already taken the exam three or more times.

Does that mean that the 3 test restriction is no longer in effect? :eek: Or does it mean that if you choose to take all three in 1 year, you're DONE for life. Schools will still look at the test scores the way they use to, right? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

sino408 said:
I'm a little confused with this statement regarding the new computerized MCAT

How often will I be able to take the MCAT exam?
You may take the MCAT exam a maximum of three times per year, but can only register for one testing session at a time. Documentation is no longer required if you have already taken the exam three or more times.

Does that mean that the 3 test restriction is no longer in effect? :eek: Or does it mean that if you choose to take all three in 1 year, you're DONE for life. Schools will still look at the test scores the way they use to, right? :confused:

it sounds like they are no longer requiring the documentation that you are a pre-med if you take it more than 3 times. its probably just easier for them this way. so for example, say that you take the mcat 3 times in 2008. you would then have to wait until 2009 to take it again. if they meant that you could only take it 3 times in your life, thats exactly what they would have said. dont worry. :)