The Official 2006 Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Btw, the interview post has now become too long - apparently 10000 characters is the max. I took out cedar-sinai since i was the only applicant going there from my earlier post so that it would fit.. there must be a better solution, but don't have the capacity right now to figure it out.

Members don't see this ad.

one option would be to split the list down the middle and have two threads a-k and l-z. too tired to think of anything else right now.

fishmonger69 said:
one option would be to split the list down the middle and have two threads a-k and l-z. too tired to think of anything else right now.

I've split up the forums as suggested so that we can make additions and keep the list current. Is there anyway that these new threads can be made into Stickies to replace the current thread?

Members don't see this ad :)
ive made the other 2 threads stickies. im unsticking this one just so people dont use it. if it gets to be a big problem ill just lock this one.

As I had suggested before, although I know I didn't start it going but at this point I feel the interviews thread is not that useful but what would keep in terms of future application cycles if people to start a thread with step scores, clerkship grades, and places of interview. Most other forums seem to have collected this if anyone is interested. Maybe I'll go first. Let me think about that though.

merlin said:
As I had suggested before, although I know I didn't start it going but at this point I feel the interviews thread is not that useful but what would keep in terms of future application cycles if people to start a thread with step scores, clerkship grades, and places of interview. Most other forums seem to have collected this if anyone is interested. Maybe I'll go first. Let me think about that though.

i'm willing to provide this info but maybe we could use step score ranges such as <200, 200-225, >225 or something like that (applicants might be less likely to embellish scores that way). we might include visiting rotations done as well, along with a 'research' or 'no research/publications' portion. form could look like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+interviews: <programs>
-interviews (rejections/snubs): <programs>
region of med school: northeast, etc (however it's broken up on freida)
step1 range:
step2 range:
3rd year clerkship: <grade>
visiting rotations : <institution>
research/publications: <yes/no>

I would also provide this info but in broad categories like fishmonger suggests. I don't want to be too specific as I would like to remain anonymous and I want people to be honest.
I've added some suggestions.

+interviews: <programs>
-interviews (rejections/snubs): <programs>
region of med school: northeast, etc (however it's broken up on freida)
med school ranking: top 25, 25-50, >50
step1 range:
step2 range:
3rd year surgery clerkship: <grade>
other clerkships:
visiting rotations : <institution>
research/publications: <yes/no>

lets make this a new thread. It will be helpful for colleagues, next year's class and so on.