**The Official 2007 SMP/Postbac Applicant Progress Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSumdae

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I sent in my application for the Drexel MSP last week. It won't be complete until probably mid week (Jan 31, Feb 1) because not all the letter of rec are in. For anyone who has applied and interviewed for a Drexel program (particularly MSP), I am curious when you sent in your application and when(if) you were granted an interview? I know they don't begin interviewing until May - I am just trying to figure out where I might fall in the process. I'm worried because I teach at a school for higher education and they will need to find someone to take my classes when I leave (whenever that may be). Thanks all. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I sent in my application for the Drexel MSP last week. It won't be complete until probably mid week (Jan 31, Feb 1) because not all the letter of rec are in. For anyone who has applied and interviewed for a Drexel program (particularly MSP), I am curious when you sent in your application and when(if) you were granted an interview? I know they don't begin interviewing until May - I am just trying to figure out where I might fall in the process. I'm worried because I teach at a school for higher education and they will need to find someone to take my classes when I leave (whenever that may be). Thanks all. :luck:

I applied to the program really late last year, so I didn't get in, but I was complete in May and interviewed about 3-4 weeks after I was complete. They actually start interviewing as early as Feb/March. Also, the interview is a phone interview, not an in-person interview so you don't have to worry about finding someone to take your classes when you leave. You just tell them when the best time (or window of time) to call you is and they will call you during that time. The interview only lasts about 30 min. or so. Don't worry, we are really early in the application process. You will be fine. :luck:

PlAnEjaNe

Planejane - are you applying, again this year? It's fun to find people on the message boards who are also applying! It says on their website that they don't interview until May, but that will be really great if they interview earlier! I wasn't worried about someone filling in for me during an interview b/c I know it is a phone interview, I am worried that I won't know whether or not I get in until the summer. I want to be able to tell my boss as soon as I can so that she has time to find a permanent replacement if I get:luck: an acceptance.
Good luck to you!!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Planejane - are you applying, again this year? It's fun to find people on the message boards who are also applying! It says on their website that they don't interview until May, but that will be really great if they interview earlier! I wasn't worried about someone filling in for me during an interview b/c I know it is a phone interview, I am worried that I won't know whether or not I get in until the summer. I want to be able to tell my boss as soon as I can so that she has time to find a permanent replacement if I get:luck: an acceptance.
Good luck to you!!! :luck: :luck:

Sorry about the confusion Dr. Sumdae.....hopefully since you have applied early you will know before you have to re-up your contract for the following school year. I know that they interview earlier than may because they hand out acceptances as early as April...at least last year they did. I decided to apply much earlier this year than the late may/early june submission I did last year....believe me, it makes a big difference when you apply early. The applications will start piling up in april and we will be ahead of all those who applied to medschool and are just beginning to realize they won't be getting in. The only drawback is that if you get put on the hold list it could be until july that you get the final word of whether or not you are accepted. It leaves very little time to get situated. Anyhow, best of luck and I will keep you posted!:luck:

-PlAnEjaNe

Thanks Planejane! keep me posted! Hopefully I'll see you in Philly!:luck:

Thanks Planejane! keep me posted! Hopefully I'll see you in Philly!:luck:

Hey guys, don't leave me out. I hope we're all in Philly! :) Let's keep each other posted. Hopefully we'll hear something sooner than later.

hey guys, im about to mail in my application in a few days but I had a few questions about the application before sending it out.
i've taken more science classes (was a bio major :/) and i don't have enough space to list them all on their application...should i just type all my classes on a separate page and just write "see attached" or should i just start filling it in and then attach another sheet with the remaining courses?

hey guys, im about to mail in my application in a few days but I had a few questions about the application before sending it out.
i've taken more science classes (was a bio major :/) and i don't have enough space to list them all on their application...should i just type all my classes on a separate page and just write "see attached" or should i just start filling it in and then attach another sheet with the remaining courses?

My sciences wouldn't fit on one page either. I just printed two copies of that same page, and finished entering my sciences on the second page and then put the totals on the bottom of the second page. Hope that helps. I think it did say to attach another page if you needed to. Good luck.:luck:

Umes,

I did the same thing that samkell did. The directions do say to print out another page if you do not have enough room on the first page.

Ok, so - we've got me (DrSumdae), samkell, umes, and Planejane as potential Drexelers, so far.
Are y'all applying for the MSP program? Good luck to us!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

So, I got a call today from Drexel and I was very excited. Turns out, they were returning my call where I left a message from about a month ago. I had previously called to find out which program (msp/isp) to apply to, and finally decided on msp. I did ask about the application process though. She said that they have already gotten alot of applications, so they are going to start interviewing early this year. She said once you are complete, you will get a postcard in the mail and then if they decide to, they will call you to set up a time for a phone interview. So, sounds like they might start interviews in March??? Just FYI. I hope we all get interviews/acceptances!:)

Haha, they called me the other day, too, to ask about something I had called about almost a month ago!
Oh good! I am glad you asked them that question. I hope we get interviews! It sort of sucks that they only call you if they want to talk to you. I am really worried that my gpa is too high for the program.... :\ But, that is just me being paranoid. Drexel is the only school I really want to go to!!!! Luck to all....!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Anyone heard anything???

No, I think we have a bit to wait. :luck:
Has anyone gotten those cards back in the mail? (the ones that tell you whether or not the application is complete). :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten a card that says complete yet, but did receive them like 3 weeks in a row because all my rec's were still coming in. Good luck everyone!:D

I haven't gotten a card that says complete yet, but did receive them like 3 weeks in a row because all my rec's were still coming in. Good luck everyone!:D

Really??? I haven't received any cards and I think they have everything for my file. I just thought it was taking a while for them to put everything together. I know that the transcripts and LOR's have been sent. Am I missing something?:oops:

I applied to Drexel's IMS program. Do they interview for the IMS and MSP programs? I didn't realize that an interview was part of the process. Also, from my experience, it is best to call the admissions office to check up on your application status (especially if you haven't received any notification cards). I got two cards saying that I still need to send in my letters of rec and mcat scores even though my letter writers sent them in a month ago...so I called to make sure they had them.

Hey guys, thought it might be helpful for everyone here who has started applying/already applied/accepted :thumbup: or rejected :thumbdown:/ or people in their SMPs or have finished theirs to share their stories here. Or vent or let others know how their progress is going with the apps. Dont forget to check out my official SMP sticky thread up top too if you are confused about something with SMPs. Good luck to everyone here!!!!

:luck:

Yes, Drexel interviews for both the IMS and MSP programs, but the interviews are done over the phone. :luck:

I'll jump in here and say that I applied to the Drexel IMS program last week, but I am not yet complete. (waiting for an exceptionally slow prof to write a letter...)

I also applied to a bunch of other programs. I certainly don't like the idea of waiting forever to hear back! Let's keep each other updated so we will have a heads up on when these programs start sending out acceptances. :luck:

ssquared,
I hope your prof hurries up!!! I tried calling drexel today, but I got their VM, so I figured I'd just call back tomorrow to check on my applcation - I am worried that something will get lost! I really REALLY want to do this program so I am worried...!
G'luck all!!! :luck: :luck:

i applied to georgetown a couple of weeks ago--waiting to be completed. im thinking about applying to other programs(BU, Dexel). Im pretty sure im not getting in this year, as i've had no interviews. I applied pretty late, wasn't verified until november, thank to my school messing up my transcript mailing twice and AMCAS entering the wrong information the first time. I have a couple secondaries from DO schools that I could send out, but im not really sure if i I want to go the DO route. Im currently taking some upper level bio classes(immunology, nerobiology, genetics, biochemistry) at my local college to improve my app.

3.2GPA 31MCAT

I called today and I am complete at Drexel, Loyola and EVMS. BU sent me a letter saying they still needed one of my transcripts and all of my letters of rec, but I find it hard to believe that my app isn't complete when everything was sent to all the schools at the same time. The letter was dated Jan. 29th so I think between then and now they should have received everything. On a side note the person I talked to at Drexel told me I should hear something within 2 weeks and to call back if I hadn't heard anything by then.

PlAnEjaNe

My portion of the SMP application is complete, or on the way at:

Loyola University Chicago
University of Cincinnati
Medical University of Ohio

Still considering applying to EVMS, but if I did it would probably be my 4th choice of these... (not that I don't think it's a good program... it's just too far away.)

I wish I could apply to other programs, but my MCAT score is so ...well, ....horrible. :( It is either Drexel or AU and I really want to go to Drexel! :eek:

So, I called Drexel today to check on my application status - and everything is complete except they have not recieved my GRE scores yet. So, I called the GRE people and they said that it will probably be another week to 10 days before Drexel gets the scores! Now, I mailed the score request on Jan 13th, and they cashed my check on Jan 23rd...so, it has been 2 WEEKS since then and they only put my request in their computer yesterday! I almost didn't put my GRE scores on my application..... <hrmph> :scared: :mad: :eek: :thumbdown:

The guy at Drexel said that he started interviewing yesterday and that there were more IMS than MSP people, so that makes me feel better.

<sigh> ok, i just had to get that out.

So, I called Drexel today to check on my application status - and everything is complete except they have not recieved my GRE scores yet. So, I called the GRE people and they said that it will probably be another week to 10 days before Drexel gets the scores! Now, I mailed the score request on Jan 13th, and they cashed my check on Jan 23rd...so, it has been 2 WEEKS since then and they only put my request in their computer yesterday! I almost didn't put my GRE scores on my application..... <hrmph> :scared: :mad: :eek: :thumbdown:

The guy at Drexel said that he started interviewing yesterday and that there were more IMS than MSP people, so that makes me feel better.

Drexel accepts GRE? I thought they are only accepting MCAT (27+ for IMS). Hmm... am I wrong?

Might as well vent too. I called Drexel this morning and they said they have not received my MCAT scores, or any letters of recommendation. I have verified that the last letter of recommendation was mailed last Monday and I sent my MCAT scores about a month ago. Anyone think this is strange??? Any advice. They told me to call back in one week, but if they are already interviewing isn't this going to hurt my chances? :( +pity+

Is anybody else applying to Dusquene's postbac? I'm wondering just how important it is that they have my SAT scores with the rest of my app....$#@^%#$% collegeboard still has not sent me a copy of my scores, which I ordered FOUR MONTHS AGO. And they told me today that it would take another 3-5 weeks to send them. :mad:

(sorry, I'm very very angry with them right now!)

At least Dusquene is not my first choice....fingers crossed for Georgetown! (5 minutes from my house, talk about a major plus in my book!)

Wow....4 months ago. It is good that the school is not your first choice. It is sort of strange that they are asking for SATs, esp if you have MCAT scores!
G'luck to you! :luck:

hey all,

i'm applying to Drexel, Loyola, VCU and Georgetown. I doubt that any of my applications will be complete before the end of March though... i'm still waiting on my MCAT scores and the profs are writing the recc letters now.

samkell,
that is really strange. I sent my mcat scores prob about 1 month ago and they made it (go to the aamc website and check to see what it says). As for the letters of rec....can you double check with the writers? Or, maybe Drexel put them in a different folder? Definately double to check and call Drexel back if they tell you that the letters were sent! :eek:

Are you applying to the IMS or MSP program? It did not sound like they were interviewing too many people at this point. :luck:

I got a card from Drexel today saying that htye have recieved everything except my GRE scores (grrrrrrrr gre!). So, hopefully my application will be complete by the end of the week! :)

I got a card from Drexel today saying that htye have recieved everything except my GRE scores (grrrrrrrr gre!). So, hopefully my application will be complete by the end of the week! :)

Good job. I hope they get your GRE scores soon. I checked aamc and the scores were sent. Also, the letters of recommendation have been sent. Weird. I'm going to call tomorrow again to check on things. I'm applying to the MSP program. DrSumdae, you're applying MSP too, right? Good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll all hear something soon! :) :luck:

samkell,
Yes, I applied for MSP, too. I keep meaning to ask you about your picture - are those your dogs? They are cute!!!! I almost put a pic of my puppy up, but I decided to go with the horse for now. :)
I am going to call the GRE people tomorrow to see if they have sent my scores yet (tomorrow will be day 7 of 10). :luck:

I just called Drexel and my application is COMPLETE!!!! Woohoo! The lady said that it will prob be reviewed within the next week. Now I'm nervous! :thumbup: :luck: :eek:

submitted georgetown and boston u online but not all of my transcripts/LORs are in so they're not even going to be processed anyways. going to mail my EVMS app once i get the rest of the paper work so i can send it in at the same time.

still working on supplementals for drexel (omg so many questions!), univ. cincinnati, and chicago-loyola.

submitted georgetown and boston u online but not all of my transcripts/LORs are in so they're not even going to be processed anyways. going to mail my EVMS app once i get the rest of the paper work so i can send it in at the same time.

still working on supplementals for drexel (omg so many questions!), univ. cincinnati, and chicago-loyola.

halekulani: for Georgetown's supplemental Data sheet, did you submit this online, via mail, or both? it is kind of unclear how they want it.

thanks!

I got the postcard from Drexel IMS saying they need one of my transcripts and my personal statement... I dont know why they need my personal statement, its on my AMCAS and I answered all the additional questions for sure... I emailed [email protected] (or something like that) like on Tuesday but havent heard a response... I'm going to call them on Monday... anyone have the number?

Anyways, I got to my apartment today and found a Fedex note saying they were trying to deliver something to me. Turns out, EVMS is sending me a priority letter... Anyone know if this is an acceptance letter to their SMP? I told them to hold the envelope and I'll pick it up on Monday... I really want to do an SMP! I dont want to go to the Caribbeans!

I applied to all the big SMPs and started getting my application complete letters... got UMDNJ today...

I got the postcard from Drexel IMS saying they need one of my transcripts and my personal statement... I dont know why they need my personal statement, its on my AMCAS and I answered all the additional questions for sure... I emailed [email protected] (or something like that) like on Tuesday but havent heard a response... I'm going to call them on Monday... anyone have the number?

Anyways, I got to my apartment today and found a Fedex note saying they were trying to deliver something to me. Turns out, EVMS is sending me a priority letter... Anyone know if this is an acceptance letter to their SMP? I told them to hold the envelope and I'll pick it up on Monday... I really want to do an SMP! I dont want to go to the Caribbeans!

I applied to all the big SMPs and started getting my application complete letters... got UMDNJ today...

I have it on good authority from a trust-worthy poster that acceptances from EVMS's med masters program arrive as a FED-EX priority package. Looks like good news for you... hopefully there are still enough openings for there to be good news for me... :scared:

halekulani: for Georgetown's supplemental Data sheet, did you submit this online, via mail, or both? it is kind of unclear how they want it.

thanks!

i only submitted online b/c i figured they didn't want the hardcopies. i would email [email protected] for a better answer.

I applied to the program really late last year, so I didn't get in, but I was complete in May and interviewed about 3-4 weeks after I was complete. They actually start interviewing as early as Feb/March. Also, the interview is a phone interview, not an in-person interview so you don't have to worry about finding someone to take your classes when you leave. You just tell them when the best time (or window of time) to call you is and they will call you during that time. The interview only lasts about 30 min. or so. Don't worry, we are really early in the application process. You will be fine. :luck:

PlAnEjaNe

PlAnEjaNe, I'm a Drexel postbacc re-applicant too. I applied late in the game and had some weird things happen in the process, but this time around (with some counsel on how to approve my app) I applied to DPMS. I was complete late Jan. Hoping to hear soon.... The waiting process is driving me nuts!:confused:

i called drexel the other day (i was afraid i had checked the wrong program) and the woman i talked to said they look at your whole application and then actually decide which program would fit best for you.. just fyi for those a bit confused between which is best for them

Has anyone heard from Drexel this week? I am playing phone tag with them.

PlAnEjaNe, I'm a Drexel postbacc re-applicant too. I applied late in the game and had some weird things happen in the process, but this time around (with some counsel on how to approve my app) I applied to DPMS. I was complete late Jan. Hoping to hear soon.... The waiting process is driving me nuts!:confused:

Well that's good that you got everything worked out. Do you know if they show any :love: towards reapps?? I am beginning to worry because my app was probably complete on Monday and most people have heard within a week of their app. being complete and I have not heard anything :( :( Maybe I am just being paranoid. I have done a lot since I applied. I raised my bcmp by .25 and my overall by .15. Hopefully that will show them some dedication. I am just worried because what if they think 'why didn't she just take the MCAT again, and apply to the IMS?' oh well, I guess there is no point in rambling...I did what I did because it was the best for me...hopefully they will see that. Good Luck to you! :luck:

PlAnEjaNe

Planejane,

I wouldn't worry yet. If you have only been complete since Monday they may not have reviewed your application yet. Mine was complete as of 2/15 and I got a VM from them on 2/21 - I am guessing that they probably reivewed some applications last Friday or something. I am waiting to hear back from the person that left me the VM.

Good luck!!! Hope to see you in Philly. :luck:

Just thought I join in on all the "fun" (aka torture). After being late in the game last year/badluck I'm a reapplicant to the DPMS program. I also applied to GEMS, Wake Forest, and BU this year. After reading some of the posts above, I thought I drop in a few things I did differently this year than last year to avoid all the confusion at these admission offices:
1)Asked my professors to give their LOR (signed & sealed) to me rather than mailing them out all separately.
2)Sent in my app, LOR, printed copy of MCAT score in altogether in one envelope. I think attaching a copy of your MCAT score with your app is key because it aviods a)them being lazy and not printing them off of their websites until 2 weeks down the road b)them just misplacing it.
3) Priority mailing the envelope with delivery confirmation=$5. You have proof of someone signing for it/you can check online of where the envelope is before it gets to the destination.
4)Give your transcript Records people a head start on sending out those transcripts since they are super busy this time around. Keep calling to make sure things get to where they should. You have to be super carefull with this step.

With these types of things confusion just adds on to overall frustration and sometimes can lead to a negative outcome. Hopefully small changes as outlined above can prevent them from happening. Hope all a very best of luck! I submitted my apps in on wed and they got in today, so hopefully they will be complete w/ transcripts within a week.

Does anybody have any experience with Interfolio and how long it takes them to deliver documents? I just got an email from EVMS today saying that they haven't gotten my letters of rec yet, although I had them sent out a week ago by Interfolio. Any suggestions?

Submitted my Georgetown app today, will submit Cinci tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted :thumbup:

Does anyone know if BU sends a confirmation e-mail when they have received all of the supporting documents? All I have so far is an e-mail that says my application was received and I got that the day after I submitted my app. on-line.

Thanks,