You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 2008 Match Results List!
Started by daru1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Slight format suggestion...for next year's applicants. NOTE: this is A HYPOTHETICAL example
Match Result: # on your rank list: Your Med School:
UCSF, ranked 3rd on my list, my med school: Columbia
--or--
UCSF, 3rd, Columbia
Match Result: # on your rank list: Your Med School:
UCSF, ranked 3rd on my list, my med school: Columbia
--or--
UCSF, 3rd, Columbia
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm gonna do it in pig latin b/c it's fun and I'm not 100% sober.
ARTMOUTHDAY
you win!
and CONGRATULATIONS! 😛
University of Nevada - Las Vegas, #1, Western University
wow, I feel like I can finally relax after 4 years of medical school.
UCSF Fresno, #2, Western U. - so I was wrong, but am still very excited!
5BR 3BA house w/ 2 car garage and a pool here we come!
Mt. Sinai, #1, UNC
life couldn't be better! congratulations to everyone!
life couldn't be better! congratulations to everyone!
life couldn't be better
that goes double for me
😀
congrats to all!
cambridge!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
didn't I tell you that already?
😀😉
haha, you're a real claivoyant. i appreciate the confidence though! congrats to you as well--i think dartmouth is a truly awesome place!
Congratulations kids... welcome to the club.
Congratulations to all of you.🙂
Some thoughts I've had after running a mile (and of course still can't calm down):
While I empathize with those whose day did not go the best, let's take a moment to realize what we just did. We were just hired, AS DOCTORS. That's huge. This is the best day of my life to be able to say that this is my profession! 👍
While I empathize with those whose day did not go the best, let's take a moment to realize what we just did. We were just hired, AS DOCTORS. That's huge. This is the best day of my life to be able to say that this is my profession! 👍
UMDNJ Camden@ AC!
HUH!? Me too!!!
Baylor, #2, U of C
Congratulations kids... welcome to the club.
that's nice-a big warm fuzzy 😀
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!
Nice job!
PS: Enjoy the res t of 4th year because starting in July youre going to have no social life, your dog (or spouse, or child) is going to starve to death because youre never home to feed him or her, youll have to have a permanent IV going because youll be too busy to eat, and youll develop seasonal depression in the summer because youll never see the sun. Just kidding.. 😛It's really not that bad and I'm actually really enjoying the year. But still try to enjoy 4th year. 🙂
Nice job! PS: Enjoy the res t of 4th year because starting in July youre going to have no social life, your dog (or spouse, or child) is going to starve to death because youre never home to feed him or her, youll have to have a permanent IV going because youll be too busy to eat, and youll develop seasonal depression in the summer because youll never see the sun. Just kidding.. 😛It's really not that bad and I'm actually really enjoying the year. But still try to enjoy 4th year. 🙂
loma linda!!!, my #1!!
Congrats to pinmd also, we're fellow interns!!!
Congrats to pinmd also, we're fellow interns!!!
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
South Carolina- my #1!!! Yessssss!
btw Belle, I'm glad that last trip worked out for you!
btw Belle, I'm glad that last trip worked out for you!
I matched into University of Illinois at Chicago...Chi town here I come.
Mt. Sinai, #1, UNC
life couldn't be better! congratulations to everyone!
Mt. Sinai as well! It was my #2 (but I frequently debated making it my #1 so I'm *extremely* happy, bordering on grandiose). My med school is Univ. South Carolina.
This is awesome.
U of Washington!!!! Yipee! My #1
Congrats to all!
Congrats to all!
Wow! Congrats for choosing the best-est medical specialty ever. I'll feel what you're all feeling right now in probably...7 years time from now.🙄
*beers, confetti, parties*
*beers, confetti, parties*
I'm a Pittsburgh Panther. Between undergrad, med school, and residency, I've racked up three distinct large public schools, shades of blue, BCS conferences, and fierce mammal mascots.
Fierce mammal. That's me! 😉
Fierce mammal. That's me! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!
I'm new to SDN--1st post!
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!
I'm going to Long Island Jewish 😀
I'm new to SDN--1st post!
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!
I'm going to Long Island Jewish 😀
Hi all!
I'm new to SDN--1st post!
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!!
I'm going to Long Island Jewish 😀

Congratulations!
2009 Applicants:
If you're reading this and curious about your chances for matching, send me a private email and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. It was so hard to "know" what programs thought of you, so I could privately give you an insider's perspective.
Good luck!
2008 Applicants: congrats again for matching, good luck next year.
If you're reading this and curious about your chances for matching, send me a private email and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. It was so hard to "know" what programs thought of you, so I could privately give you an insider's perspective.
Good luck!
2008 Applicants: congrats again for matching, good luck next year.
Bit late on this one due to being abroad for match day....
Matched number 1 at Thomas Jefferson University.
A year of precedent- 4 males in the program and two osteopaths.
I've reserved my season tickets for Philadelphia's MLS team in 2010, confirmed my sponsorship to become a Mummer, will be getting Phillies season tickets for 3rd/Outpatient year aka 8a-3p, and am presently scouring the Northern Liberties for cool apartments. I love this city!
Matched number 1 at Thomas Jefferson University.
A year of precedent- 4 males in the program and two osteopaths.
I've reserved my season tickets for Philadelphia's MLS team in 2010, confirmed my sponsorship to become a Mummer, will be getting Phillies season tickets for 3rd/Outpatient year aka 8a-3p, and am presently scouring the Northern Liberties for cool apartments. I love this city!
If anyone matched at USC for 2008, please join the group "USC Interns 2008" on www.facebook.com
Thanks,
Dan
Thanks,
Dan
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 330
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 2K