-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 2012 4th Year Externship Acceptance Thread
Started by RealDoc27
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Some are still applying and don't want to attract competition. 🙂 We'll try and get the thread going though, good idea. This could benefit students in the future looking for sites in specific locations.
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
thanks rEliseMe! i hope so. my goal in finding a 4th year was to find something where i could get experience in basically everything and have all options open at the end of the year. and i think that's pretty much what i've found.Wow! Congratulations Cidanu! That sounds like an awesome experience.
most of my classmates have found externships by now and we're all pretty much relocating. so many transitions in the near future! it's a lot to take in.
in terms of placement types, one is going to a private practice (ENT/audiologists), two are going to university clinics, and everybody else has accepted hospital placements.
in terms of money, i don't exactly what people are getting, but at least a couple are taking unpaid positions, many are getting small stipends (10 to 15 grand), and a couple are getting salaries (in the range of high 20s to 30s/40s-maybe?) with benefits.
Congrats to you guys! Now, I got to wait another 3 years to be on this thread.![]()
Quoted for truth.
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
Vermont - Private Practice
realdoc27 - (I: 1/8/12) (A: 2/20/12)
Congrats to you guys! Now, I got to wait another 3 years to be on this thread.![]()
Quoted for truth.
We need a like button!
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (University Medial Center & Pediatric Hospital)
smswieczorek - (I:11/13) (A: 11/13)
Vermont - Private Practice
realdoc27 - (I: 1/8/12) (A: 2/20/12)
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .
2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:
New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)
Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)
Missouri - St. Louis - (University Medial Center & Pediatric Hospital)
smswieczorek - (I:11/13) (A: 11/13)
Vermont - Private Practice
realdoc27 - (I: 1/8/12) (A: 2/20/12)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
