The Official August 21, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LLawliet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome
For those of you who plan on using the SN2ed study schedule, you should be finishing up on gathering prep materials and getting ready to start around mid May.
Who else is with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone check as soon as they woke up this morning, even though they knew their score wouldn't be up yet? Yep, just did that.... AHHH SO NERVOUS AND THE ONLY THING OFFERING ME ANY SORT OF COMFORT RIGHT NOW IS SDN AJSDLSAKDKJSADKJS

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna take a walk around the park. Gaze into the woods, and the sky, wonder what would happen next then call my long time high school friend.... I hope heaven smiles at me.....

As you all know this is a cruel joke to make people wait over 30 days to receive their scores. If the curve is set before the test is administered then why make incredibly neurotic people wait so long? Although this is not the pinnacle of our lives, it is a huge check point along the way to reaching our goals. I am with "daking". I hope heaven smiles down on me and all of you not just today today, but always.

As you all know this is a cruel joke to make people wait over 30 days to receive their scores. If the curve is set before the test is administered then why make incredibly neurotic people wait so long? Although this is not the pinnacle of our lives, it is a huge check point along the way to reaching our goals. I am with "daking". I hope heaven smiles down on me and all of you not just today today, but always.
It's all about money.

Did anyone check as soon as they woke up this morning, even though they knew their score wouldn't be up yet? Yep, just did that.... AHHH SO NERVOUS AND THE ONLY THING OFFERING ME ANY SORT OF COMFORT RIGHT NOW IS SDN AJSDLSAKDKJSADKJS

This is literally what I did. I also had three dreams yesterday night- in the first one I made a 34 and was ecstatic. The second one I made a 31. The last one I made a 27.

After that nightmare, I just got up and checked online haha.

It is so nice to not suffer alone! And I too checked this morning knowing it wouldn't be up... But it's a killer and ya never know..

I think part of it is tradition as well. Grandfathering in the timeline from when there was a writing portion.
I received this information from someone who v used to work for them. They net on people signing up for retakes even though the scores can be seen within a day of taking it. Hence why the person stopped working for them.

I didn't think it could get much worse than the month wait. But the suspense these last few hours is pretty excruciating

Had a dream last night that we all got screwed by verbal. Which in my case probably wasn't a dream but a vision. I need to start preparing myself for seeing that 8 in verbal...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I kind of don't want to see my score just because if it is bad, I won't be able to study for at least a week and I have tests all this week.

I dreamt I got an 18 overall. Woke up and started crying, then realized it wasn't real. I feel like passing out and throwing up right now.

Please God! Give me a 9P.11V.10B please please! I know I messed up on the physics direly! Please please the nearest retake site is 350 miles away (lol what is life)

No joke, I'm so nervous about my results I actually booked an appointment with my school's therapist for tomorrow in case things don't go well. Praying to god I won't need it.

Reactions: 1 users
I dreamt I got an 18 overall. Woke up and started crying, then realized it wasn't real. I feel like passing out and throwing up right now.
I had indigestion yesterday and shook cold last night, sweating with a slight fever. Didn't have a nightmare but my mom who slept next to me did and I had to wake her. Then I woke up in the morning for class and used the toilet for what seemed to be the result of a stomach virus. In the office right now to shadow and I'm still shivering cold and can't eat anything for fear of another indigestion. Not a good sign before the results..

I had indigestion yesterday and shook cold last night, sweating with a slight fever. Didn't have a nightmare but my mom who slept next to me did and I had to wake her. Then I woke up in the morning for class and used the toilet for what seemed to be the result of a stomach virus. In the office right now to shadow and I'm still shivering cold and can't eat anything for fear of another indigestion. Not a good sign before the results..
*future doc advice.. or maybe not after today* Eat something or you'll get worse.

I'm contemplating, What if I get like a 28? Is it worth retaking when realistically I can maybe only raise my score to like 30? Or just stick with the 28?

Just thinking loud....what do i do if i have a below 30 score??????What do i do? Any suggestions???

You'll figure it out and life will be just fine. DO or less prestigious schools or something totally different if thats what you choose. Because we're in America and not Syria, thankfully. I'm so glad my biggest worry right now is a stupid test score and not fleeing my home.

Reactions: 3 users
I'd be happy with a 28. I'd for sure apply broadly and consider DO in addition to MD if I don't make it this time around.

I'm in a bit of a panic mode right now so I figured I'd make an account and post here before results come out...

AAMC Practice Avg: 40
Post test feeling: 36 (Physics felt terrible)
Current feeling: 32

I just want the results to come!

I'm in a bit of a panic mode right now so I figured I'd make an account and post here before results come out...

AAMC Practice Avg: 40
Post test feeling: 36 (Physics felt terrible)
Current feeling: 32

I just want the results to come!

The same thing happened to me... The more time that has passed from the test, the worse I feel I did...

I'm dying.... I think this is the most nerve-wracking moment in my life so far (not exaggerating)

I will most likely be in a meeting when scores come out, and maybe 10 people there will know that I am getting my score today.
Just scream and run out when you see your score. They won't know if to think you got a good score or a bad score haha.

I got a psychopharm test tomorrow so I'm definitely not going to see my score. I gave my mom my login username and password and just told her not tell me but if it's below 30, pay for a retake in January.
I have an exam at 5 today.. Was hoping scores would come out with enough time for me to come to terms with whatever I got and then take the exam. I'm definitely getting into the territory where it's better to wait until after, though..

I've been watching this thread for a while now - here's my first post on it. I am hopeful that we will see mostly happy posts when scores are released.

I wish everyone the best of luck - not only on the results of this exam, but in life and throughout any path that ends up being taken.

Everything that happens, seemingly good or bad, will always have positive results if we choose to make it so.

Reactions: 5 users
"The scores are up"
-Famous Last Words

Unfair that the times of score releases were all around noon the last few tests (12:13pm 8/1, 12:13pm 8/2, 1:42pm 8/7, 12:15pm 8/15).....

So... as we patiently await scores. Anyone still applying for this cycle? Think it's too late to send in some apps now ?

I took my exam on 9/18 and for some reason I am just as anxious and nervous about your all's exam scores to be posted lol what's wrong with me.

Wish you guys all the best though!!! :)

I just want to echo some of the feeling being shared in this forum right now, seeing as how I may not want to post anything after getting my score. Thanks to all of you for helping me cope with this awful wait. Even though I have only posted once on this thread for the trial section, I've been following it since late June. The whole mcat process has been an huge stage in my life, and even though I won't remember anyone specifically in years to come, I am grateful to everyone for challenging me, providing me comfort, and sharing many tips/strategies. Cheers to our future!

So relieved
Test Date: 8/21/14
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: 38.5
Post-test expected score: no idea
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14-10-15-39
I will post more later but this is the best feeling ive had in a long time.

Reactions: 6 users