***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview invite!! OOS! Ya-hoo!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS interview invite also! Stoked on stoked on stoked on stoked on chocolate chip almond butter waffles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Are you going the 19th?

Probably later, airfare is going to be crazy so the farther out I can book it the better financially. I was even considering their November dates. We'll see!

Probably later, airfare is going to be crazy so the farther out I can book it the better financially. I was even considering their November dates. We'll see!

Oh wow. I wonder if I wasn't given a choice since I am in-state. When I got my email it didn't let me pick. Well congrats to everyone. Good luck and if you will be there the 19th let me know!

Congrats:) are you in/out of state?

Got my invite today! :) So excited for this one. When will they send us a confirmation email about the details of the interview? I am interviewing on 10/10!

I got my interview invite yesterday also. Mine's 09/26 :) Anyone else?

Hi Everyone. I'm out of state from Wisconsin. Got my interview invite but have not picked a date to schedule. Going to have to do that ASAP. Does anyone have recommendations for where to stay close to the school or is interested in rooming together? Thanks!! Good luck to all of you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone. I'm out of state from Wisconsin. Got my interview invite but have not picked a date to schedule. Going to have to do that ASAP. Does anyone have recommendations for where to stay close to the school or is interested in rooming together? Thanks!! Good luck to all of you!!
After you pay your application fee, they send you info about hotels they recommend with deals- I think it was 99 dollars a night at 2 different hotels! One of them is the Doubletree in Aurora. That is the one I booked!

Really hoping I hear back soon b/c if so I was wanting to schedule for the Friday of our "Fall Break" (aka one Friday off) in October...it's because I'm from TX probably. haha but really, for you OOS'ers, are you from WICHE states or no? (I'm not exactly familiar with which states are).

For everyone with interviews, make sure to drop by the research complex while on campus, I give out free congratulatory high fives if needed.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing on Nov 7th!

Who already had an interview at CU? And how was it?

I am interviewing Oct 10th! I am staying Thursday night with a buddy and Friday night at the Doubletree! Anyone else staying at the doubletree??

I am hoping to hear back from Colorado soon. They are one of my top choice schools. Congrats to all that have heard back! Also, any out of staters not from the WICHE states? Does anyone know if they take many outside these states for people they consider to be out of state?

I am hoping to hear back from Colorado soon. They are one of my top choice schools. Congrats to all that have heard back! Also, any out of staters not from the WICHE states? Does anyone know if they take many outside these states for people they consider to be out of state?
I'm still waiting too from a non WICHE state (TX). I know my stats are competitive enough so I'm really wondering the same thing. I know they have about 10% non-residents usually admitted.

Yeah, Colorado is definitely a top choice of mine. I'm an out of stater who doesn't qualify for WICHE, but I got an interview invitation a week or two ago. I have my interview on Sep. 26th!

I meant 10/10/14 lol only 7/11 interviews so far! 3.65 overall 3.69 science 19TS 19 AA 23 PAT 16 BIO

Those OOSers with interviews what was you app mail out dates?

Hi, just have a quick question regarding application to CU..
So they don't require another application fee besides AADSAS fee until they send you invitation for the interview?
When do you pay application fee and secondary application? when you get invited?

Yes! The secondary applivation fee is due asas soon as you are invited for interview

OOS Interview! Heck yeah who wants to talk about student loans now?

Hi guys! I am from AZ and just received the interview email this afternoon. Could anyone please share your experiences and impressions on interview day with the rest us? Thank you so so much!!

Hey everyone,

I've always read the SDN forums but never joined for whatever reason until last night!

I got an interview for Colorado 8/8/14!! Headed for my interview on Oct 17!

Hey everyone,

I've always read the SDN forums but never joined for whatever reason until last night!

I got an interview for Colorado 8/8/14!! Headed for my interview on Oct 17!
Awesome! Mine is November 7th :)

Morning interview on October 16th!!! Anyone else?

Anyone interviewing on Friday the 10th staying at the Double Tree? I am staying there Friday night!

anybody got any good advice on hotels? one prefereably that has a shuttle service to save money! or would it be cheaper to just rent a car?

anybody got any good advice on hotels? one prefereably that has a shuttle service to save money! or would it be cheaper to just rent a car?
Double Tree ($99/night or $104/night with breakfast; both using CU code) offers complimentary shuttles to and from airport, campus, and even campus to airport. I wanted to rent a car but realized it's not worth it because I will arrive in the afternoon the day before interview and we'll be at school from 10 AM - 4 PM on the day of interview anyway. I didn't want to spend ~$200 on rental that I barely have chance to drive.

Oh and btw, CU should send you a confirmation email after you scheduled your interview time. In it, they have 3 recommended places to stay and offer discount/corporate codes to use when you call the hotels. (Check your SPAM inbox for that email because it went into my Spam inbox.... since then I check my Spam inbox as frequently as my email inbox because I don't want to miss anything from any schools haha)

Last edited:
Does anyone want to share a hotel for one night on Nov 6th?

Double Tree ($99/night or $104/night with breakfast; both using CU code) offers complimentary shuttles to and from airport, campus, and even campus to airport. I wanted to rent a car but realized it's not worth it because I will arrive in the afternoon the day before interview and we'll be at school from 10 AM - 4 PM on the day of interview anyway. I didn't want to spend ~$200 on rental that I barely have chance to drive.

Oh and btw, CU should send you a confirmation email after you scheduled your interview time. In it, they have 3 recommended places to stay and offer discount/corporate codes to use when you call the hotels. (Check your SPAM inbox for that email because it went into my Spam inbox.... since then I check my Spam inbox as frequently as my email inbox because I don't want to miss anything from any schools haha)

Thanks! I totally forgot about that email. Double Tree it is! Cant beat the complimentary shuttles everywhere, that'll save me a lot of money

Thanks! I totally forgot about that email. Double Tree it is! Cant beat the complimentary shuttles everywhere, that'll save me a lot of money
Yup! And the shuttle is complimentary within 5 mile radius, too. Nice for dinner time :p
If I still remember, your date is Oct 31st right? or Nov 7th?

I visited the campus less than 2 weeks ago and loved it! By the time we get there it should be cold already. Are you excited/ready for the interview?

Im definitely excited ive always wanted to visit Colorado so that should be fun! wouldn't say im ready... haha h

I visited the campus less than 2 weeks ago and loved it! By the time we get there it should be cold already. Are you excited/ready for the interview?
Everyone thinks it gets cold in Denver, you're in for a pleasant, sunny winter!