The Official Fall 2009 Au.D. Acceptance Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teucer

I'll take an M-14 any day
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the "Yang" to the "Ying" thread. :horns: Be sure to follow these instructions:

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of acceptance notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of acceptance.
7) Click submit

Example:
University of Virginia: Snail Mail
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17), devalmont (OOS, I 10/16, A: 10/17), Heathrow6 (OOS, I: 9/29, A: 10/17)

Share the good news with your fellow Au.D. applicant brethren! :prof:

Members don't see this ad.

University of Maryland, College Park : Snail Mail
skister (OOS, A:2/4/09)

4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of acceptance notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of acceptance.
7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17), devalmont (OOS, I 10/16, A: 10/17), Heathrow6 (OOS, I: 9/29, A: 10/17)

Congratulations! Hope this means we'll all start getting some letters in the near future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...no interview for University of Maryland? Interesting. Congratulations! :D

skister (OOS, A:2/4/09), AuD2B (OOS, A:2/4)

7) Click submit

Example:

Congratulations! Has Maryland given you a deadline before which you have to let them know?

No date was on the letter from the grad dept. for acceptance but I understand a second letter will come from UMD's Aud. dept. I am expecting more details in that.

is it totally awful of me that i feel better no one has gotten acceptances yet? i haven't heard one way or another from any of my 5 and......... well, misery loves company ;-)

good luck everybody!

oh excuse me skister and AuD - CONGRATS! i shouldn't have said no one; i meant MOST people...

Most will start hearing in early March.

Thank you Hearatic. Best wishes for everyone to get in to their choice schools!

acceptance to uconn received friday, the 13th!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Connecticut : Snail Mail
gymgrl7 (OOS, A:2/13/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

Be sure to follow the format indicated. If you do not, all the postings will make a mess of this thread and the data will be difficult to discern.

University at Buffalo: Email
cidanu (OOS, A:2/9/09)

University of Connecticut
: Snail Mail

7) Click submit

Example:

Congratulations on acceptance to UB. Did you get invited to the open house on the 27th? Are you going?

Congrats on UB! Did you get the acceptance before the open house invite or after?

It is increasingly difficult to post heartfelt congratulations messages all the while I'm getting carpeted with rejection letter bombs as of late...forgive me for witholding constructive input here for the time being

I got the acceptance 3 days after the open house invite. i can't go to the open house though, and now i'm kind of regretting it as they informed me assistantships won't be offered until after you accept, and i've had no face to face interaction with the department.

i am a UB alum so i think that's why i got in. majored in linguistics though. anybody else going to the open house?

I got the acceptance 3 days after the open house invite. i can't go to the open house though, and now i'm kind of regretting it as they informed me assistantships won't be offered until after you accept, and i've had no face to face interaction with the department.

i am a UB alum so i think that's why i got in. majored in linguistics though. anybody else going to the open house?

I have to tell you I am worried now because I received an invitation to the open house (made me think I was in) and havent received an accept or even waitlist notification.
Why would I get an invite to the open house if UB was rejecting me? Can someone help me understand that? The open house is "invitation only"...
Also, what is the deadline for accepting UB's offer?
Oh well..Que Sara Sara
HP

well i don't think they would invite you if they were outright rejecting you. but maybe you might be in a second round of admissions after enough people decline. who knows. i would definitely go though if you are very interested in UB.

i saw somewhere on the graduate site that may 1 is the deadline to accept, but i'm not sure if that's advisable or true for all programs.

well i don't think they would invite you if they were outright rejecting you. but maybe you might be in a second round of admissions after enough people decline. who knows. i would definitely go though if you are very interested in UB.

i saw somewhere on the graduate site that may 1 is the deadline to accept, but i'm not sure if that's advisable or true for all programs.

Thanks for the advice -- and good luck to you!

HP

...Why would I get an invite to the open house if UB was rejecting me? Can someone help me understand that? The open house is "invitation only"...
HP

Seriously? I thought that maybe an interview was good news, but an open house? I just thought an open house was an open house. This makes me feel better...I've been invited to at least 3 of those. Haven't accepted any of the open house offers, as visiting from Alaska would be a bit on the costly side. :eek:

Doesn't quite make up for the 3 rejections though, at least not yet!:scared:

Last edited:
Seriously? I thought that maybe an interview was good news, but an open house? I just thought an open house was an open house. This makes me feel better...I've been invited to at least 3 of those. Haven't accepted any of the open house offers, as visiting from Alaska would be a bit on the costly side. :eek:

Doesn't quite make up for the 3 rejections though, at least not yet!:scared:

It's the timing of the open house.... February 27th... UB is making acceptance decisions NOW... why would I get invited to an "invitation only" open house at the end of February if I were getting a rejection letter... Doesnt make sense to me... But stranger things have happened...

And yes... Alaska is a bit far for an open house in Buffalo (and plenty of other places)... at least you have better weather though!!!

Hang in there too and Good Luck!!!

HP

Illinois State University: Snail Mail
LocFinesse (IS, A:2/17/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17), devalmont (OOS, I 10/16, A: 10/17), Heathrow6 (OOS, I: 9/29, A: 10/17)[/quote]

Last edited:
LocFinesse (IS, A:2/17/09)

Montclair State: Mail
cidanu (OOS, A:2/20/09)

University at Buffalo:
Email

7) Click submit

Example:

LocFinesse (IS, A:2/17/09), greenlinebusco (OOS, A:2/21/09)

University at Buffalo:
Email

7) Click submit

Example:

East Tennessee State University: EMail
electrikisses (OOS, A: 2/16/09)

Illinois State University

Salus University: Phone Call
electrikisses (OOS, A: 12/?/08)

University at Buffalo:
Email

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17), devalmont (OOS, I 10/16, A: 10/17), Heathrow6 (OOS, I: 9/29, A: 10/17)[/quote]

electrikisses (OOS, A: 12/?/08)

Towson University: Email
cidanu (OOS, A:2/23/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

Has anybody else been asked to accept by a certain date or lose their spot? Montclair state required my acceptance by Friday or they withdraw their admissions. I am going to ask for an extension. This seems to be a violation of the council of graduate schools resolution about this kind of thing: http://www.cgsnet.org/Default.aspx?tabid=201 but also how can they expect you to make a decision before you know about your financial aid?

electrikisses (OOS, A: 12/?/08), DFaud(OOS, A:2/12/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

Salus University: Phone Call, E-mail
electrikisses (OOS, A: 12/?/08), DFaud(OOS, A:2/12/09) greenlinebusco (OOS, A:2/25/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

electrikisses (OOS, A: 12/?/08), DFaud(OOS, A:2/12/09) greenlinebusco (OOS, A:2/25/09)

skister (OOS, A:2/4/09), AuD2B (OOS, A:2/4), cidanu (OOS, A: 2/25/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences: Email
Dustbug10 (IS, A:2/25/09

skister (OOS, A:2/4/09), AuD2B (OOS, A:2/4), cidanu (OOS, A: 2/25/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
------------------------------------------------

I definitely did not expect to get in and began to make plans to pursue a Master's Degree in Speech Pathology at my undergrad school, but UAMS got this wild idea to let me. Needless to say, I dropped a sick MC Hammer dance for a good five minutes after reading the acceptance letter.

Dustbug10 (IS, A:2/25/09)

skister (OOS, A:2/4/09), AuD2B (OOS, A:2/4), cidanu (OOS, A: 2/25/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 2/4/09)

Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine: Phone Call
earstoyou (OOS, A: 2/20/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
------------------------------------------------

skister (OOS, A:2/4/09), AuD2B (OOS, A:2/4), cidanu (OOS, A: 2/25/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 2/4/09)

University of Texas at Dallas: Phone Call
PizzaFan (OOS, A: 1/20/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
------------------------------------------------[/quote]

Vanderbilt University: Postal Letter
electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
------------------------------------------------[/quote][/quote]

Congrats on Vandy acceptance!:highfive:

Thank you so much!!! I'm still in shock! :D

East Tennessee State University: Email

Northwestern University: Postal Mail
cxc09 (OOS, A: 2/27/09)

Salus University: Phone Call, Email

University of Washington: E-mail
cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/3/09)

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

earstoyou (OOS, A: 2/20/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 2/20/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17),

cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/3/09), SweetBobbyRoss (OOS, A: 3/3/09)

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17),

cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/3/09), SweetBobbyRoss (OOS, A: 3/3/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/3/09)

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17)

cxc09 (OOS, A: 2/27/09), MySweetBaboo (OOS, A: 3/4/09)

cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/3/09), SweetBobbyRoss (OOS, A: 3/3/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/3/09)

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17)

James Madison University: Phone Call
skister (OOS, A: 3/4/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

cidanu (OOS, A:2/20/09), hearatic (IS, A: 2/20/09)

San Diego State University: Email
hearatic (OOS, A: 3/4/09)

cidanu (OOS, A:2/23/09), hearatic (OOS, A: 2/23/09)

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/2/09), hearatic (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

University of Kansas : Snail Mail
AuD2B (OOS, A:3/4/09)

University of Memphis : Snail Mail

electrikisses (OOS, A: 3/2/09), cxc09 (OOS, A: 3/2/09), earstoyou (OOS, A: 3/2/09), hearatic (OOS, A: 3/2/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

Syracuse University: Snail Mail :)
MySweetBaboo (OOS, A: 3/9/09)

7) Click submit

Example:

A.T. Still University: Email
aud2bee (OOS, A:3/9/09)

Bloomsburg University: Postal Letter
aud2bee (OOS, A:2/19/09)

Syracuse University: Postal Letter
MySweetBaboo (OOS, A: 3/9/09), aud2bee (IS, A: 3/7/09)

cidanu (OOS, A:2/9/09), aud2bee (IS, A:3/6/09)

7) Click submit

Example:
cel7y (IS, I:9/4, A: 10/17), tessa108 (OOS, I:9/23, A:10/17), blurryLines (IS, I:10/7, A:10/17), Kaydubz (OOS, I:10/6, A:10/19), AdmiralChz (IS, I:9/4, A:10/17), ganesha123 (OOS, I: 9/22, A: 10/17)[/quote]

Last edited: