The Official I'm in Limbo Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am officially in limbo at 8 schools.
NYU
BU
Louisville
VCU
Maryland
UofP
Tufts
Pitt

And you?

Members don't see this ad.

Penn (I want to go to Philly to get philly cheesesteak please send me something!)
MUSC (CHarrrrrrleston!)
VCU
Columbia (Please give me an interview I am like down your block! so convenient for me...*live in NYC)
Harvard (WHy not?!)
Tufts (OMG I want to hear back from them. I want to see new facilities!)
BU
Buffalo (well...continuing review aka rejection?)
Temple (I applied here? almost forgot eh..good they didn't give me an interview)
UMDNJ

phew long list lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA/UCSF - i from california, i can has instate love, yes?
Columbia - not G enough for harlem?!
Penn
Michigan
UMDNJ
Maryland
UoP
BU
Temple

Columbia - Why are you playing hard to get? You know you want me as much as I want you ;)
Harvard - I might have a better shot at hooking up with Adriana Lima.
UoP - Gurl, I know I might have chased them hotties in the past, but I am ready to settle down with you.
UConn - You are officially the girl who acts like she is a 10, but in reality is a 5.
USC - Everyone said you were easy to get with? Are you trying to becoming a good girl now?

Columbia - Why are you playing hard to get? You know you want me as much as I want you ;)
UoP - Gurl, I know I might have chased them hotties in the past, but I am ready to settle down with you.
UConn - You are officially the girl who acts like she is a 10, but in reality is a 5.
USC - Everyone said you were easy to get with? Are you trying to becoming a good girl now?

haha :thumbup:.

:rofl:

this thread may just be what the dr. ordered! stay tuned, its gona be a long weekend.

This is pretty funny!

You win for the biggest lol at 4 in the morning. Congrats! :thumbup:

:laugh: nicely done!

I am not getting any love from any of these schools. I guess it is safe to say I should expect rejection or, if I am lucky, a chance to interview post-Dec.

ok so who else isn't getting any love? almost 600 views. let out your frustration, share your woes. misery loves company...

Members don't see this ad :)
midwestern az
midwestern il
lsu
usc
western
texas-houston
creighton
unlv
vcu
nyu
temple
meharry
jersey
howard
usn
detroit mercy

thats how much im in limbo. 7/30 mail date

7/16 Mailing Date

BU
Columbia
Harvard :D
Indiana
NYU
UDM
Kentucky
Maryland
Pitt

7/30 Mailing Date

Tufts
Harvard
Columbia
Penn
UOP
Maryland
Temple
Pittsburg
Marquette
VCU

Mailing date 7/9 and I'm still waiting to hear back from:

Tufts :xf: :D
Harvard
Penn
Columbia
BU

They need to send good news my way already! Lol

Mailing date 7/9 and I'm still waiting to hear back from:

Tufts :xf: :D
Harvard
Penn
Columbia
BU

They need to send good news my way already! Lol

Do ya think we may still have a good chance at Tufts and maybe BU?
:shrug: :xf:

hey ober, whats up with all the rejections on your predents profile?

Wish I could tell you. Haven't gotten a straight answer out of any of the schools other than the generic "applicant pool is very strong this year."

7/16

san antonio
houston
u of m
udm
nyu
tufts
temple
usc
uic
mwu-il
bu
njds
pitt

...waiting. bleh.

"limbo became our reality"

i really hope it doesn't :scared:

Do ya think we may still have a good chance at Tufts and maybe BU?
:shrug: :xf:

I think tufts is still a very likely Pssibility because most of their interviews are after December anyway. BU, though, we can only hope!! Lol. I am dying to hear back from Tufts, though, it is one of my top choices!! :xf:

I think tufts is still a very likely Pssibility because most of their interviews are after December anyway. BU, though, we can only hope!! Lol. I am dying to hear back from Tufts, though, it is one of my top choices!! :xf:

i would love to hear from tufts too. i hear boston is a great city, i really want to check it out. they just cashed my check. i hope you hear from them too especially since its one of your top choices. :luck: :xf:

UCSF: Am I too conservative for living near Castro?
UoP: I guess knowing the spawn of the founder of UoP equates to nada
UNC: Does the fact that my cabin is on the Tennessee border offend you?
Pitt: Willing to exile myself to 4 years of miserable weather for you, yet nothing
Oklahoma: whatever
Kentucky: Apparently having your entire family from the Lexington area doesn't matter
NYU: Manhattan...for 4 years...plz:oops:
Maryland: Think about it...Me + crabcakes + orioles + ravens= yes please
MUSC: applied late for combined PhD/DMD so no surprises with limboness here
And finally, VCU: I guess turning down that all men's school really has come back to bite me in the arse...lame

BU
Harvard

do you guys know if Harvard has even started sending out interviews yet?

Columbia - Almost expected this
Temple - but not this..

You guys know Harvard hasn't even sent out any interviews yet right?

I consider limbo to be when you haven't heard from the school yet, even though it's obvious they've been sending out interviews and rejections.

My brother isn't getting any love from:

Tufts
NYU
Columbia
Harvard
UPenn
Colorado
Creighton
UFlorida
Temple

He had a later mailing date but his gpa is a 3.9 and his DAT was a 22AA. What do yall make of that? Is that normal?

Honestly I don't get it and it scares me to apply because I'm in my senior year and my gpa is a 3.19. >.< I'm scared. Also this semester isn't looking as hot as I thought it would.

End rant.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm completely in limbo at all schools that I applied for. Feeling hopeless and depressed now.
Mailing date from AADSAS: 8/20. sGPA: 3.3. TS:22, AA: 21
"Under review" status from these schools:
UCSF
UoP
Louisville
Columbia
Pitt
UPenn
Boston
Buffalo
U of Michigan
ASDOH

What should I do? Considering DAT retake and reapply next year :(

NYU
BU
Tufts
Columbia
USC
UoP
Western
Midwestern x2
Indiana
Case

:(

I'm completely in limbo at all schools that I applied for. Feeling hopeless and depressed now.
Mailing date from AADSAS: 8/20. sGPA: 3.3. TS:22, AA: 21
"Under review" status from these schools:
UCSF
UoP
Louisville
Columbia
Pitt
UPenn
Boston
Buffalo
U of Michigan
ASDOH

What should I do? Considering DAT retake and reapply next year :(

you dont need to retake the dat your scores are amazing. maybe take some upper level sciences and get all a's. volunteer and shadow. be ready on the first day aadsas is next june. having that early early app is crucial. you may still have a chance, but be proactive. i believe in fate. good luck op

ASDOH- app still not complete here tho cuz i think a gnome stole my second dentist letter out of the mail
BU
Tufts
Columbia- haha i know im in a rejection pile somewhere up in Harlem
Creighton
Temple
Buffalo- continuing review after being told not to retake my DAT cuz my app looks good
VCU
WVU- no confirmation or anything?

my sister went to wvu undergrad so i know that if you're not wv resident, you can probably forget it!

im holding out for tufts, i wanta go to beantown!

Ouch... your scores are good. You may have submitted a little on the late side, and be swinging for the stands a little too hard. It may be a good idea to pad your application with a wider array of schools. It still may not be too late to deepen the number of schools you are applying at. Some schools, USN, for example has just started reviewing applications. Additionally, a lot of the newer - less established - schools will accept applicants who will chose to go elsewhere. It may not be too late to apply to some of these as well. Best Wishes, hope this helps.

you dont need to retake the dat your scores are amazing. maybe take some upper level sciences and get all a's. volunteer and shadow. be ready on the first day aadsas is next june. having that early early app is crucial. you may still have a chance, but be proactive. i believe in fate. good luck op

Thanks snaggletoof. Unfortunately, I graduated last semester so taking more upper level science courses would be quite pricey and hard to get in.
Taking your advice, I'll definitely look for more volunteer and shadowing opportunities and be ready to apply early next cycle. :oops:

Ouch... your scores are good. You may have submitted a little on the late side, and be swinging for the stands a little too hard. It may be a good idea to pad your application with a wider array of schools. It still may not be too late to deepen the number of schools you are applying at. Some schools, USN, for example has just started reviewing applications. Additionally, a lot of the newer - less established - schools will accept applicants who will chose to go elsewhere. It may not be too late to apply to some of these as well. Best Wishes, hope this helps.

Willawa, thanks. I'm currently applying for jobs and thinking about reapplying next year with more choices of schools.

I'm in the same boat with BU and Tufts. Would def. like to check out Tufts facilities.

meh this is just getting me depressed. at least i'm not alone...anyone else here only have 1 Pre-Dec interview?

meh this is just getting me depressed. at least i'm not alone...anyone else here only have 1 Pre-Dec interview?

In the same boat as you:

Interview:
Minnesota

Under review:
Tufts
BU
Buffalo
Penn
Maryland

Rejection:
Baylor

Keeping my fingers crossed for Tufts since I hear their interviews are later!

I haven't heard back from ANY of the schools I have applied to, except for the early "application denied" from Case Western. This is my second year applying for dental schools.

BU
Tufts
NYU
Columbia
U of P
USC
Temple
MWU-CDMA
MWU-CDMI

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: