-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official June 5, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by Fight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well I've officially lost it... at B&N looking at GRE books
maybe we can start a company putting people in cryogenic sleep, that way it would seem like they got their MCAT score in a minimal amount of time.
...Yeah that would definitely be the easiest and most cost effective way to get immediate results.
At least when you take the GRE you get your score on the spot
GMAT is the same. And there are no set dates, you can pretty much take it whenever you want.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I've officially lost it... at B&N looking at GRE books
This literally made me laugh out loud.
Me too. I kind of want to eat everything in my kitchen. Which is strange because my normal reaction to stress is to be repulsed by food. By MCAT day, I was by far the lightest I've ever been at this height...feeling pretty miserable now...sigh
18.5 hours. I can't take it.
Me too. I kind of want to eat everything in my kitchen. Which is strange because my normal reaction to stress is to be repulsed by food. By MCAT day, I was by far the lightest I've ever been at this height...
18.5 hours. I can't take it.
Same on all counts.
We can do it guys!!!!!!
The really hard part (the exam) is over. Hang in there... Eat some ice cream... Watch some comedy... Do some exercise... Cuz let's be honest sleep might not come easy tonight.
Don't talk about retakes yetttttttt most of us can't dealWell, at least I don't feel queazy at this moment in time (better than this afternoon). If I'm working full time this summer...September or October retake?
aaaahhhhh
Don't talk about retakes yetttttttt most of us can't deal
aaaahhhhh
I've been this close to registering for one for a month now. I'm betting on myself that I scored high enough not to lose the money...but I don't want to lose a seat if I need it. Have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
I think you'll be fine about seats if you sign up after tomorrow. I checked yesterday and there seem to be a lot of new seats open in my area. Also people who took our exam but have seats will prob drop some.
Anyways, I would say September! Mainly because I couldn't handle still studying for the MCAT in October...
Anyways, I would say September! Mainly because I couldn't handle still studying for the MCAT in October...
I feel ya baby girl (or boy)I dont even know if I could find the energy to restudy for this thing in september. I really hope I'm not crossed with that decision.....
I hope we all do great tomorrow. It is a make it or break it deal for most of us. I am going to miss this forum though. It is fun knowing that we are all in it together and I can totally relate with you guys in so many ways. You all will be in my prayers tonight.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys, a July 12th test taker here. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck tomorrow! Hope all you guys rock the test and are happy with your scores.
hey guys, a July 12th test taker here. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck tomorrow! Hope all you guys rock the test and are happy with your scores.
Good luck to you this Saturday!
Still debating if I should view my score at work or wait until I get home. I know I don't have the patience to wait until 5 but I also don't want to flip my **** in the middle of the lab...What is everyone else doing?
Still debating if I should view my score at work or wait until I get home. I know I don't have the patience to wait until 5 but I also don't want to flip my **** in the middle of the lab...What is everyone else doing?
I've taken it before... and didn't score very well the first time around due to improperly studying (way to much trying to cram all this knowledge in rather than taking practice exams).
Check your scores at home! Trust me, it's better that way. I work 3p to 11p tomorrow, as much as it kills me, I will wait til after work to check.
Same on all counts.
We can do it guys!!!!!!
The really hard part (the exam) is over. Hang in there... Eat some ice cream... Watch some comedy... Do some exercise... Cuz let's be honest sleep might not come easy tonight.
False... I swear I was fine before, during, and after the exam! Super calm even!... this, this waiting to basically find out what we scored is awwwffuuullll! Lol yes I'm being dramatic, but am so picking up mini bottles of tequila at the 7-11 tonight!
Only Jose can help me now!!!
I wish you all were here to share this bottle of wine with... Cause now I'm going to have to finish it all by myself.
Good luck tomorrow everyone!
Good luck tomorrow everyone!
I just saw "Frozen" for the first time. Couldn't have asked for a more potent distraction. That movie was magical! 😀
Now then... to try to sleep tonight... 🙄
Now then... to try to sleep tonight... 🙄
I just saw "Frozen" for the first time. Couldn't have asked for a more potent distraction. That movie was magical! 😀
Now then... to try to sleep tonight... 🙄
Aw man I should have done that... I just watched the Titanic for the first time. Not making good choices tonight
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol!! Yeah, a movie featuring an anomalous disaster is probably not a good pick the night before MCAT scores. Should have watched a different set of characters get frozen 😉Aw man I should have done that... I just watched the Titanic for the first time. Not making good choices tonight
Titanic is still a great movie; I don't care what anyone says... 🙂
Fair enough! That's the optimist way to look at it 😀Honestly it kind of puts things into perspective lol
False... I swear I was fine before, during, and after the exam! Super calm even!... this, this waiting to basically find out what we scored is awwwffuuullll! Lol yes I'm being dramatic, but am so picking up mini bottles of tequila at the 7-11 tonight!
Only Jose can help me now!!!
Hahaha yes it was indeed awful. But we are in the final stretch... At least if I have to take this godawful test a second time I will now know my post-exam food and alcohol budget!
I am doing research abroad in South Africa and won't get my score until like 11pm here. Ugh man
I am doing research abroad in South Africa and won't get my score until like 11pm here. Ugh man
Will be a late night for you either way :/
But you are in South Africa! I'd kill to travel a bit right now.
Last edited:
Just made an account so I could comment. I've been up all night, just ate suhoor, and can't even go to sleep. The wait is killing me.
This is gonna be the longest day at work ever.
For real. I just got back from vacation, too, and I don't know if there is much for me to do at work. Plus everyone knows I'll be checking my score in the afternoon.
I feel like so many people are expecting me to tell them my score...
I feel like so many people are expecting me to tell them my score...
Yeah, everybody I know is expecting me to tell them. It puts so much more pressure on something that's already a huge deal. That's another reason why I really like these forums, because if you're not pre-med, then you will not understand how difficult this all is. People just assume I will do well, because they don't have any idea how hard this test and everything else about trying to become a doctor is.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish there was world cup games on today to distract me...
I get out of work at 3:30 and am going to head to a library I never use to check my score. I will be going alone though so hopefully there will not be a need to break something at a moments notice because there will be no one there to stop me.
I don't know about you guys but I keep going through scenarios in my head like "if I get a 12 on ____ I can still manage a 30 with 2 nines on ____ and ____". Then I start going through the bad scenarios like "8s on everything gets me a 24-and ruins my entire life".
Today is going to be such a rollarcoaster of emotions, lets just hope it ends on a high note
I get out of work at 3:30 and am going to head to a library I never use to check my score. I will be going alone though so hopefully there will not be a need to break something at a moments notice because there will be no one there to stop me.
I don't know about you guys but I keep going through scenarios in my head like "if I get a 12 on ____ I can still manage a 30 with 2 nines on ____ and ____". Then I start going through the bad scenarios like "8s on everything gets me a 24-and ruins my entire life".
Today is going to be such a rollarcoaster of emotions, lets just hope it ends on a high note
Wishing you guys the very best ! There is nothing you can do about your score at this point so just keep yourself busy (do something youd enjoy) and not torture yourself by staring at your computer screen and refreshing for hours. Good luck guys.
Still debating if I should view my score at work or wait until I get home. I know I don't have the patience to wait until 5 but I also don't want to flip my **** in the middle of the lab...What is everyone else doing?
I'm in this exact same position lol. I'm running an ELISA today so I could easily be here until 7. I'm not sure if I can wait that long though....
I feel like so many people are expecting me to tell them my score...
THIS! Lol. My really good friend took his on May 22nd and he did welllll, so it's going to be awkward if I don't do well. Like everyone is expecting me to get a high score and I'm freaking out because I marked like half of my PS section.
I know what you mean.I feel like so many people are expecting me to tell them my score...
we can still pray hahaWishing you guys the very best ! There is nothing you can do about your score at this point so just keep yourself busy (do something youd enjoy) and not torture yourself by staring at your computer screen and refreshing for hours. Good luck guys.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 5K