-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by mbz9648
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everybody. I did not find a thread for Stony Brook. I applied in the second batch and did not get a confirmation email so far. Things seem to be pretty slow.
2nd batch as well here, no news!
3rd batch, got the application received e-mail just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now the school is listed under the "school decision" on AADSAS. Anyone else?
See it on mine as well
nothing yet, Aadsas says my app is received/under reviewAny interviews?
Congrats on ur interview 🙂 when did you receive the phone call ?? was it on Friday ?
Thanks
His first post, and no one else has heard from stony, clearly a troll.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope you're right about the troll!
I think my first post was about receiving a columbia interview though, so not necessarily.
Combined with the fact that he received the call on a Saturday, after 5PM and also the fact that no one else has posted anything on the interview thread yet makes this highly suspicious. Don't you think?
I thought the same thing. When do you guys think Stony Brook will start sending out their interview invites.Combined with the fact that he received the call on a Saturday, after 5PM and also the fact that no one else has posted anything on the interview thread yet makes this highly suspicious. Don't you think?
Yeah, you're probably right. Didn't look at the timestamp. Let's hope so.Combined with the fact that he received the call on a Saturday, after 5PM and also the fact that no one else has posted anything on the interview thread yet makes this highly suspicious. Don't you think?
I looked at the Stony Brook forum from last year. There wasn't even a thread created until mid-November. They apparently interview very few students...there were far fewer posts compared to some of the threads I've been looking at for other schools. So, I guess they offer fewer interviews and start later than other schools. We just have to be patient...which is much easier said than done!!
40 Seats only ? I thought it was 80+ ....even if is 40 only, there for sure will be more posts here!! Hard to believe only 1 person got a call =(They offer fewer interviews because they only have 40 seats whereas the other schools have 100-200 seats.
40 Seats only ? I thought it was 80+ ....even if is 40 only, there for sure will be more posts here!! Hard to believe only 1 person got a call =(
Agree, we have more Harvard posters and they also have a small class. Lets just wait a bit longer.
FIRST TIME POSTING!!!FIRST INTERVIEW!!! SO EXCITED!!! 😀
School: Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/3/2013
Method of notification: phonecall
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/2013
Application complete date: 8/27/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (19/19/19/19/none)
School: Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/3/2013
Method of notification: phonecall
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/2013
Application complete date: 8/27/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (19/19/19/19/none)
congrats ddsjyoti!!
Congrats!! Mind asking you which batch, stats and state residency?wow just got an interview. So shocked. OOS btw
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FIRST TIME POSTING!!!FIRST INTERVIEW!!! SO EXCITED!!! 😀
School: Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/3/2013
Method of notification: phonecall
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/2013
Application complete date: 8/27/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (19/19/19/19/none)
Congrats! I hope I hear from them soon.
Congrats! I hope I hear from them soon.
today was the first official day they started handing out interviews. they're being held on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30-2:30. I was allowed to pick from October 7,10,14,17, or 21. good luck!
is the interview one-on-one or three-on-one? the information on the interview feedback page seems to be old and has not been updated since 2009.
Any help ?
thanks
it's three different interviews, one-on-one. two with faculty either on the board or committee of admissions and one with a student from 4th year I believe. they are each about twenty minutes on the same day and they can literally ask you anything. my coworker interviewed twice and said there's no way to prepare.
Has anyone else gotten an interview invite this week? Is anyone interviewing tomorrow with me?🙂
I received an invite via phone today about 4:30 pm. Available for mondays and thursdays. Calling back on monday to schedule my date ( was driving when the call came!).
I received an invite via phone today about 4:30 pm. Available for mondays and thursdays. Calling back on monday to schedule my date ( was driving when the call came!).
congrats! what are your stats/residency? good luck
@ddsjyoti can you share your interview experience?
i PMed you!
congrats! what are your stats/residency? good luck
In state
ogpa: 3.41 sgpa: 3.69
25/26/19 ts/aa/pat
how was the interview? is it one on one? any weird questions?Has anyone else gotten an interview invite this week? Is anyone interviewing tomorrow with me?🙂
how was the interview? is it one on one? any weird questions?
interview went pretty well I believe. All three interviews were one-on-one. I got a few weird questions based on things from my application like "what kind of indian food do you cook with your mom?", "what was it like going to Catholic school even though you're Hindu?", "what is the craziest thing you've ever done?".......among other strange things. They kept you on your toes lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here buddy, I think that's just how their system works, and why is this thread deadHas anyone had any changes on AADSAS? Mine still says "Invited for Interview".
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K