****The Official U of Washington Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

They just called. I'm in !!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any out of state get in? Was there a change in the Portal?

Got the call from Sue. In RIDE.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call as well, accepted to UW but waitlisted for RIDE because technically I'm a colorado resident still

Don't take all the UW spots! Congrats everyone

Just got the call from Kathy!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!! :) :) :)

Hey all who were accepted, when did you guys interview? And congrats btw!

accepted! ahh i felt so bad when Kathy called me, I answered the phone still half asleep and had no idea what was going on! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on the acceptance, everyone! Come join us here... we have cookies...

In all seriousness, congrats again, and I hope to meet some of you next year! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all who were accepted, when did you guys interview? And congrats btw!

I was part of the first group to interview on September 29th and was accepted Monday. hang in there, chances are you'll be getting a call too.

I interviewed with the last group before Thanksgiving. It's so hard to wait another week until the adcom meets to decide our fate

Interviewed sept 27th in Spokane. Anyone have the facebook page setup for the 2019 class?

Hey everyone!

First off, congrats to everyone who has received that long awaited phone call from Kathy! For those of you still in the running, don't lose hope, a lot of spots have yet to be filled and the application cycle is still ongoing. A couple things to note, a Class of 2019 facebook page is in the works. I'll be the one adding you guys to the page, so for those of you who have been accepted, pm me your info once you've accepted UWSOD's offer of admission. Again, congrats! I can't wait to meet you all next year!

Do anyone know when they will send the 2nd round of acceptances?

I interviewed last week and was told that the adcom is meeting tomorrow, so possibly Friday or early next week

is there a Facebook page yet???

Anyone know if they are going to give out more acceptance notices today???

Hopefully those of us that interviewed right before Thanksgiving will get some good news Monday

I interviewed the first interview day (September 29th) and I know a few people who already got acceptances... So the outcome is starting to look bleak, if they wanted me I feel like I would've gotten a call the same day as those people :(
Hopefully I'm wrong...

Has anyone from the group that interviewed Thanksgiving week received an acceptance? It's so hard to remain patient....

Has anyone from the group that interviewed Thanksgiving week received an acceptance? It's so hard to remain patient....

Yea I interviewed then (Nov. 24th) and was accepted last week (Dec. 4th).

Hey guys,

The UWSOD Class of 2019 Facebook page is up! So the sooner you guys get me your info, the sooner you'll get to start meeting your classmates!

hey guys! Does anyone know what it means when they ask your last period of continuous physical presence on the residence check sheet? thanks!

Not entirely sure but I put spokane where I've been at school for 4 years and my house back in Nebraska where I grew up just to be safe

I interviewed the Monday before Thanksgiving and got my call the Thursday afternoon the week after (I believe December 4th). However, I don't believe I will be accepting the offer, and there will definitely still be acceptances going out. Good luck!

Thanks! Do you mind me asking why not? It seems like a lot of people are turning their offers down, especially because of the change in curriculum

I just received the call and I am accepted!!! Interview date was December 15. I am super happy now !!! Do you guys receive a acceptance email or anything after the call? :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I just received the call and I am accepted!!! Interview date was December 15. I am super happy now !!! Do you guys receive a acceptance email or anything after the call? :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
Congrats! No email but a packet will be coming in the mail

Wooo! I got accepted today during my last final!!! So excited! I interviewed on September 29th.

PM me with that facebook group please

Congrats everyone! I'm still waiting patiently, hoping to get a call soon.

Thanks! Do you mind me asking why not? It seems like a lot of people are turning their offers down, especially because of the change in curriculum

It's my second choice, I actually really like the way they're changing the curriculum. Personally, Seattle is a bit too gray for me - I'm not sure that I would enjoy all the darkness in the winter. Secondly, I didn't really like how their facilities felt a bit dungeon-like (this is totally my opinion). I really like the school and have family there, so I am still considering it, but will probably end up in NYC.

After you guys were accepted did you get an email about a criminal background check? I just got one saying that one or more schools have conditionally accepted me and that I need a background check. But it doesn's say what school.

After you guys were accepted did you get an email about a criminal background check? I just got one saying that one or more schools have conditionally accepted me and that I need a background check. But it doesn's say what school.
Yes, everyone who is accepted to a school that is on the background check list will need to do one. There is a list of schools that require it provided with the email or on the website. If your school of choice is not listed on the list of schools, then you probably don't need to do it. The background check was also not as expensive as they listed. I ended up only paying $49ish bucks for it I think.