***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I will be accepting my offer -- deposit will be mailed out tomorrow. Incredibly excited for this opportunity.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what kind of scholarships/financial aid UCSF gives out? COA is pretty steep and I'm making a last minute decision between here and another school. Thank you tremendously!

From my conversation with fin aid, most of their grants and scholarships are need based and you won't find out until like August what you will be receiving. There's also a new need based livings stipend you can apply for to help with rent. If you are also out of state, you can establish CA residency after one year.

Hope this helps and shoot me a message if you have other questions!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who has interviewed or been accepted so far!

I had a question for anyone who might have some insight -- I just received an interview invitation and was wondering what my chances are of getting in at this point? I received a few acceptances Dec 1st and subsequently denied other interviews I received as I was happy with my choices already. But now I've been thrown for a bit of a loop by this invitation, as UCSF was always near the top of my list.

I read through the thread and it seems like there still might be a decent chance but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had any insight or opinions? Just trying to make decisions based on my current living situation, school deposits, etc. Thanks for any replies and again, congrats!

My interview is coming up. Any advice on how to prep for the " Question of the Day" essay?

My interview is coming up. Any advice on how to prep for the " Question of the Day" essay?
don't worry hahah nothing really to sweat about hahah they just want to see if you can write. Also your using the computer so should be that hard compared to just writing it on the paper in my opinion lol less spelling error lolkz

Hi! Congrats on your interview. I am not one to give you advice, writing is not my strength. I have a question when is your interview and are there other interview dates as well?

Hi! Congrats on your interview. I am not one to give you advice, writing is not my strength. I have a question when is your interview and are there other interview dates as well?
Thanks! My interview is next Friday on the 27th. And not sure, that's the only day they gave me.

Have the January acceptances gone out?

I dont think so. I interviewed on the 23rd and they told us that they will be letting us know mid to late February. The school also sent us a survey which contained all the interview dates this cycle. January 13 and 20 were the only days prior to my interview, so I don't think it'll make sense for them to hand out decisions to a pool of 50 or so students.

Thanks! My interview is next Friday on the 27th. And not sure, that's the only day they gave me.

Don't worry about the writing section. They give you a quote and you respond to it. It's really easy and they only give you like 25-30 mins for it so they know you aren't going to write a masterpiece. Also, it's all done on the computer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How long after the interview date did you have to wait for an acceptance call?

I just received a letter from UCSF saying that I need to get started on financial aid application ... is it supposed to be like this? wouldn't I want an acceptance first and than start on financial aid? lol so weird lol anyone in the same situation

I just received a letter from UCSF saying that I need to get started on financial aid application ... is it supposed to be like this? wouldn't I want an acceptance first and than start on financial aid? lol so weird lol anyone in the same situation

I got the same letter. No acceptance or rejection yet though.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted 2/2 interview 1/23

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Are you guys getting these phone calls right now or were they in the morning?
I got it around 5pm! :) Do you guys know when they are suppose to be sending a email?

It's almost mid February! Has anyone heard back yet??

Got the acceptance call! So stoked!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance call! So stoked!
Hi, congrats on the acceptance. Would you mind sharing the date you interviewed the school? and whether your AADSAS status changed for UCSF prior to receiving the call, like going from "invited for interview" to "under review"?

Just received an offer via phone call! Out of state student from last day of interviews 2/3

Hi, congrats on the acceptance. Would you mind sharing the date you interviewed the school? and whether your AADSAS status changed for UCSF prior to receiving the call, like going from "invited for interview" to "under review"?

I interviewed Jan 23. The status was "invited for interview" prior to the call. Hope that helps

Do we have to do background check consent request by ourselves? Any other way to go through this? The service website asks to pay 150 dollars...

I have not heard anything yet, and I had a post-December interview. I'm guessing that they still have not gotten back to all their applicants with a definitive answer.

I just got an acceptance call around 2:30 today. Interviewed 2/3

Do we have to do background check consent request by ourselves? Any other way to go through this? The service website asks to pay 150 dollars...
The background check will initially authorize $150, but for me it ended up costing $45.75.

Accepted via phone call! OOS interviewed 2/3

I guess acceptances are over? Still haven't heard any waitlist or rejections...

I guess acceptances are over? Still haven't heard any waitlist or rejections...
Looking at last year's thread, people knew where they were on the waitlist by this time of the year. Does anyone know their position on the waitlist? I'm still Received/Under Review on AADSAS, so I don't think their waitlist is out yet.

Looking at last year's thread, people knew where they were on the waitlist by this time of the year. Does anyone know their position on the waitlist? I'm still Received/Under Review on AADSAS, so I don't think their waitlist is out yet.
Yea same here for me.
Previous years heard back like mid-Feb...

Accepted via phone call on Wednesday Feb 22nd.
International student interviewed on 1/27
:)