***The Official UMMC SOD class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official UMMC SOD class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school accept only Mississippi residents?

Anyone got any interview invites as of lately? I applied in July and was wondering about when they normally send them out.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone got any interview invites as of lately? I applied in July and was wondering about when they normally send them out.
I applied early June and had my interview yesterday! I got the interview invitation a little over two weeks before my actual interview.

I applied early June and had my interview yesterday! I got the interview invitation a little over two weeks before my actual interview.
How was the interview? Was it pretty laid back?

How was the interview? Was it pretty laid back?

Yeah it was laid back. On the day of the interview you have 8 separate 10 minute interviews. It’s closed file so they don’t ask you questions about grades or dat scores. They really just want to get to know you!

There have only been two rounds (total of 4 groups) so far that have been interviewed. You have time I promise. My interview last year wasn’t until 11/1. I’m currently a D1 @RDH14...

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview. Was a little nervous about UMMC because they are strict on residency. I received about 5 emails requesting additional information for that, prereqs, and shadowing hours.

Either way. This is my first interview so I’m Super excited.

Reactions: 2 users
This was my 1st dental school interview ever. The interview is super relaxed. The interviewers were all very nice and friendly and created an environment that was low stress. A few of the interview questions were a bit challenging but if you research standard dental school interview questions you should be fine.

............And now we wait.

Good luck to those who have applied and I'll see you on the other side :)

This was my 1st dental school interview ever. The interview is super relaxed. The interviewers were all very nice and friendly and created an environment that was low stress. A few of the interview questions were a bit challenging but if you research standard dental school interview questions you should be fine.

............And now we wait.

Good luck to those who have applied and I'll see you on the other side :)
Which group were you in??
I was the D1 That came to the 10:30 interview. ‍♀️

Members don't see this ad :)
Under a month until decision day!! It will be here before you know it guys!

Under a month until decision day!! It will be here before you know it guys!

Yeah the wait is killing me, it’s really all I can think about. I want to find out as soon as possible so that if I don’t get in I can start figuring out what I need to do to improve my application for next year

Yeah the wait is killing me, it’s really all I can think about. I want to find out as soon as possible so that if I don’t get in I can start figuring out what I need to do to improve my application for next year
I found out at 10:08am on 12/3
I was stepping off the bus, running late to class because I had been busy staring at my phone from 8am..
ringer as loud as it could be so I didn't miss the phone call as I was getting ready.
It was insane, my voice went up 3 octaves when Dr. Smith called... It was a long wait but well worth it!!
Let me tell you the journey it rugged, so get ready!!
Good Luck to you all!!! I hope to see you guys next year!!!

Message me if you have any questions. I check it my messages about once a week. I will more frequently as 12/2 approaches and afterwards as well!

Last edited:
10 days. . . Kinda freaking out. Can’t get here fast enough

What is showing under the Decision Status for y'all in the AADSAS for this school? Mine changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review" after my interview and has stayed that way since.

What is showing under the Decision Status for y'all in the AADSAS for this school? Mine changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review" after my interview and has stayed that way since.
It’ll stay like that until the decision is put in. You will be notified either way.
Good luck everyone!! Big day tomorrow!!

It’ll stay like that until the decision is put in. You will be notified either way.
Good luck everyone!! Big day tomorrow!!

Do you know if the status changes at midnight or if it changes after they contact people?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

My status never changed to “invited to interview” but i interviewed a few weeks ago. It’s been “received/under review” since i submitted it. so i wouldn’t get hung up on the status

Accepted at 8:06 am. Good luck to everyone else who applied.

Do you know if the status changes at midnight or if it changes after they contact people?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
after they notify you it’ll update.

Are all acceptance/reject calls made today December 2nd? or Will they be making calls throughout december? I haven't received any news yet.

Are all acceptance/reject calls made today December 2nd? or Will they be making calls throughout december? I haven't received any news yet.

They are still interviewing people this month. So I think they would wait until after at least those interviews before they fill the class.

I don’t think you should be worried, but idk. I have no idea how many people were accepted today
I really wish they just sent out an email, I was sitting by my phone all day waiting for that phone to ring

I was looking at previous years posts and it seems like if we didn’t get it today, then we’re on the waitlist/rejected. I’m gonna remain hopeful but man ):

I was looking at previous years posts and it seems like if we didn’t get it today, then we’re on the waitlist/rejected. I’m gonna remain hopeful but man ):

Yeah idk, It has taken so much to get to where we are now. We just have to stay positive!

Reactions: 3 users
I was told UMMC only calls 15-20 on the 2nd, then makes the rest of the calls throughout December. Is that correct?

I hope so. My anxiety has been growing by the day

Has anyone though about applying to the UMMC Biomedical Science Master Program as a plan B if this cycle didn't work out?

I still haven’t heard anything. I wish they would send an email or something...

Rejection letter emailed to me at 9:46 today.