***The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2019 Thread***

Fingers crossed for everyone who didn't get in the first cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does your AADSAS portal have "Wait Listed" or "Alternate"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says wait listed, but I got the alternate email. Oh well just wishful thinking on my part haha
I emailed Ms. Shelton about this and she says AADSAS just puts it as wait listed :( So we are technically still alternate to UK.

Did UK reps give any indication to those who have contacted them about how many alternates there are on the list?

I think there is 42 on the in state alternate list as of now. There are two separate list.
And yeah go off your email to see if you are alternate or wait list.

BTW: Congratulations to everyone who was accepted :)

I think there is 42 on the in state alternate list as of now. There are two separate list.
And yeah go off your email to see if you are alternate or wait list.

BTW: Congratulations to everyone who was accepted :)
Did they tell you that?

Did they tell you that?
Yes they did tell me that when I called. So if you are out of state you could call and see how many are on that list.
I didn't ask specifically but when I asked the difference between alternate and wait list for instate she said there at 2 people on the wait list and 42 on the alternate. Then I asked if there was a sperate alternate list for instate and oos and she said yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes they did tell me that when I called. So if you are out of state you could call and see how many are on that list.
I didn't ask specifically but when I asked the difference between alternate and wait list for instate she said there at 2 people on the wait list and 42 on the alternate. Then I asked if there was a sperate alternate list for instate and oos and she said yes.
Oh wonderful! Definitely in state. Keeping hope. Good luck to you as well!

There are 4 waitlisted for oos and 69 alternates. They'll re-review all alternates after the 4 waitlisted are accepted. Good luck everyone waiting and congrats to everyone who got the call!!!

99% sure i'll be declining my oos spot, so hopefully one of you guys get it

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, just wanted to congratulate all of you who were accepted! I remember the midnight phone call, and it was one of the best moments ever. Great job on your hard work :) To those of you still waiting to hear back I wish you all the best! You have something to be proud of already, especially when you look at the statistics. If you didn't make it this year, do not give up! My heart goes out to you. I have been in your shoes, and I know how it feels. It took me more than one try. Stay strong and don't let it get you down. If you got a rejection, keep in mind that you'll have the advantage next go-round, and hit it out of the park. There is life after this.
I know the process is still ongoing, and good luck with the hard decisions some of you will be making, but I truly look forward to meeting the class of 2019 in a few months! (And don't do anything stupid this summer!)

Reactions: 4 users
There are 4 waitlisted for oos and 69 alternates. They'll re-review all alternates after the 4 waitlisted are accepted. Good luck everyone waiting and congrats to everyone who got the call!!![/QUOTE

I am on the alternate list of oos, @Painscrapsew do you know after the waitlisted got picked out of the list, are they going randomize pick people from the alternate oos list or they will actually re-review all the people within the list?

I am on the alternate list of oos, @Painscrapsew do you know after the waitlisted got picked out of the list, are they going randomize pick people from the alternate oos list or they will actually re-review all the people within the list?
This school re-reviews all alternates after the waitlist is finished.

Last edited:
Rejected without an interview.

Hello, I just sent my letter declining my in-state acceptance. Hopefully one of you all get the spot. Good luck!

Couldn't find this one on the list, so I figured I'd start a thread. Who else is applying here this cycle?
Kind of late to the thread, but I am was accpted oos from Florida. I am super exited to start connecting with my future classmates!

Also we should start a facebook group :)

Yea buddy! Accepted OOS from NC and just confirmed my deposit was received. I'm so excited to meet all of our classmates as well! We're going to have a blast getting our butts kicked in school. It looks like ms. Shelton has created the fb groups in the past

Yea buddy! Accepted OOS from NC and just confirmed my deposit was received. I'm so excited to meet all of our classmates as well! We're going to have a blast getting our butts kicked in school. It looks like ms. Shelton has created the fb groups in the past
How did you confirm your deposit was received? Did you call them to ask?

Hi fajitamaster and dano474, did you guys just get pulled out from the wait-list or alternate list?
Do you mind telling us when you got accepted?
I heard around this time the school should review the alternate list again.
Thank you.

Hi fajitamaster and dano474, did you guys just get pulled out from the wait-list or alternate list?
Do you mind telling us when you got accepted?
I heard around this time the school should review the alternate list again.
Thank you.
Hey peanuts1, I was accepted on Dec.1st. If you are on the waitlist don't loose hope, I have 3 friends in Florida that got accepted but are definaltely not going to UKCD, so seats will open. Good luck

Hey peanuts1, I was accepted on Dec.1st. If you are on the waitlist don't loose hope, I have 3 friends in Florida that got accepted but are definaltely not going to UKCD, so seats will open. Good luck
Wow, somehow your encouragement means a lot to me at this point.
Thank you!!! I believe wherever you go, I will be an amazing dentist fajitamaster.

I emailed Ms. Shelton but I also received an official confirmation by email today. Be on the lookout!

I was accepted December 1 as well :)

I received an interview invite today from UK. I'm out of state. I'm very excited, but I'm wondering if it's really worth going to, as it seems there are already a lot of OOS students on the wait list/alternate list. I'm guessing that my application would likely just be placed into one of my lists. Does anybody know if these lists have much movement?

I received an interview invite today from UK. I'm out of state. I'm very excited, but I'm wondering if it's really worth going to, as it seems there are already a lot of OOS students on the wait list/alternate list. I'm guessing that my application would likely just be placed into one of my lists. Does anybody know if these lists have much movement?
Hey Avocado24, I am OOS and on the alternate list. I know there is 69 of us on the alternate list and 4 on the waitlist for OOS. This data I got after they sent out the first round of acceptance on the Dec 1st. I have not heard anything since Dec 1.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the information peanuts. Well, I went ahead and sent in my supplemental and scheduled an interview. I figured I may as well check out the school, and who knows I may get lucky. What did everybody think of the interview day? Pretty laid back?

I am slightly confused about this process. I have my interview next Thursday. So will I basically be interviewing for the alternate list or do I still have a chance to be accepted without being put on the alternate list. I guess what I am asking is if the class has already been filled(and I will have to hope somebody decides not to go to get in) or are their still spots open?

Hey avocado24 when is your interview date an time? We might be on the same day!

Hey avocado24 when is your interview date an time? We might be on the same day!

My interview is at 8 next Thursday. I'm guessing we are just interviewing for spots on the alternate/wait list, but I'm not sure.

Hi all! Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted or the waiting list/alternate list. I was put on the in-state alternate list on December 1st. I just got the acceptance email on Tuesday!!! I can't wait to meet everyone! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been accepted from the OOS Alternate list yet?

Hi all! Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted or the waiting list/alternate list. I was put on the in-state alternate list on December 1st. I just got the acceptance email on Tuesday!!! I can't wait to meet everyone! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting all our classmates!

I emailed Ms. Shelton today and she said she will work on the class Facebook group next week!

Does anyone know if they rank the alternate list?

Thank you! I'm instate but on the alternate list. It does :)
Also mine doesn't specify that it is an OOS alternate list. It just says the alternate list. So saying that can someone confirm that there are two separate lists? Surely the instate and OOS aren't lumped together. But what do I know?

Has anyone heard anything within the past few weeks? Any news for the OOS alternate list?

I called a couple of weeks ago and got some info for OOS. Basically all OOS positions had deposits paid, and there are still 72 people on the OOS alternate list. However, the person I spoke to said some were "in better position" than others. She told me I was in the top 10 for review of that 72. She also said that there are typically people who double dip and pay multiple deposits, so there still is a chance to get accepted off the list. UK will know who these double dippers are come early April, and I believe they'll give them an ultimatum or flat out drop their spot in the class. My advice is to call, let them know who you are, ask if you can add updates to your app (new job, shadowing, etc.), and express interest. Do this on a regular basis (every few weeks...don't bug them though!). Ask if they are advising for next cycle yet and do it ASAP. Just show them you are genuinely wanting to be a part of UKCD and I don't think it'll hurt your app (they do make note of when you contact them wink wink). I did this for other schools and got acceptances. Make yourself stand out!

Last edited:
I called this morning and they said the same thing. Basically their class for the fall is filled but there can be some shuffling until school starts. I asked about advising and they asked me to wait until a few months for that incase we hear back. No information on ranking for in state exams.

I called this morning and they said the same thing. Basically their class for the fall is filled but there can be some shuffling until school starts. I asked about advising and they asked me to wait until a few months for that incase we hear back. No information on ranking for in state exams.

Most depressing news of 2015 so far. Well here's to next years cycle!