The Official Unofficial Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarscapeGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, someone had an idea that we needed an off-topic thread. There's one in the pharm section, so I decided to start one here.

Except I guess I need to start with something way off-topic and random...

I wish I didn't have my final tomorrow for my public speaking class, because that means I don't have time to go grocery shopping. And I'm completely out of food and tired of not having Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm... I don't have anything really interesting to say-

but I'm from MI-- so--

Lets go WINGS!!! =P ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow!! You already sent in your supplementals?!

I did! Well, some of them! I'm working on Mercers right now =)

Me and my man want to get into the same one... so we need all the help we can get! :D

I did! Well, some of them! I'm working on Mercers right now =)

Me and my man want to get into the same one... so we need all the help we can get! :D

That is..amazing. Good for you guys :) I hope you get into the same school!!!

That is..amazing. Good for you guys :) I hope you get into the same school!!!

Thanks!!! I hope so too =) Otherwise I will not be a happy camper! haha. :cool:

I feel kinda weird hanging out on the Pharmacy board. :scared:

Same here. I am packing/getting ready to move to Atlanta GA to start my new job at Target and pharmacy school in the fall. I hate packing especially when I have a million pairs of shoes to organize. :rolleyes: Getting on SDN is my excuse to NOT pack. :D

Same here. I am packing/getting ready to move to Atlanta GA to start my new job at Target and pharmacy school in the fall. I hate packing especially when I have a million pairs of shoes to organize. :rolleyes: Getting on SDN is my excuse to NOT pack. :D

Go Pack!!

Go Pack!!

Good point. If I don't finish packing tonight I won't have a bed to sleep on. You can't see anything in my room except huge piles of clothes and shoes scattered everywhere. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I was matriculating this fall instead of next fall, I'm ready to go!

Put me in coach!

It's kind of weird to me that I will be starting pharmacy school this fall. I guess in part because it's taken me two years to get here.

It was so amazing how much my life changed when I went to grad school; even though this time I'll be in the same city, I know a lot will still change. I'm mostly excited, but there's a tiny thought in the back of my head of "what did I get myself into??" I know it'll be fine, but every once in awhile, I get that nervous feeling.

Anyone else feel like this?

I can't say much, considering I just set my feet on this path. Having to relearn how to study, fun times for sure.

2 years before I apply. :p

It's kind of weird to me that I will be starting pharmacy school this fall. I guess in part because it's taken me two years to get here.

It was so amazing how much my life changed when I went to grad school; even though this time I'll be in the same city, I know a lot will still change. I'm mostly excited, but there's a tiny thought in the back of my head of "what did I get myself into??" I know it'll be fine, but every once in awhile, I get that nervous feeling.

Anyone else feel like this?
ya.....i'm nervous only b/c of the $$$...not about the time or difficulty..i passed on 2 top grad schools that offered a full ride and then some for a PhD....contrast that with ~200k in expenses for pharm school :scared:....not to mention passing on the opportunity to just work...in the end,....i figured i could just go do the phd later in life if i am stilled compelled to do so for some reason....so the reverse of the order you did it in lol

Wings are bringing home the Cup(and the refs, as well as, the Pittsburgh Penguins are d0uche bags)!!!

On craigslist people post adds saying they are BBW. I don't know what the hell that means, but me no likey.

I get irritated when people say they're taking the "PCATS" instead of the "PCAT."

I just ate an apple and I'm kind of upset that I can't have long hair in pharmacy school.

I get irritated when people say they're taking the "PCATS" instead of the "PCAT."

What if they're taking two of them? No, I get miffed at this, too. How do you get the idea that "PCATs" is right? What does the S stand for? How many tests do you think you'll be taking? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just ate an apple and I'm kind of upset that I can't have long hair in pharmacy school.

I have long hair and plan to keep it that way, but I think you are a guy.

Were you at STEPS?

What if they're taking two of them? No, I get miffed at this, too. How do you get the idea that "PCATs" is right? What does the S stand for? How many tests do you think you'll be taking? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The same phenomenon occurs when people talk about the GRE - When I was preparing to take the GRE and even on testday, people said, "I'm going to take the gee arr eeeS, talk to you later![/b].

Maybe because it's a multi-facet exam with multiple sections and each one, technically I guess, is an exam? Thus Pharmacy College Admission TEST becomes Tests, as they are seen as individual tests by the person doing the pluralizing?

I have long hair and plan to keep it that way, but I think you are a guy.

Were you at STEPS?

Aaagh! That's ON-topic of what I said! This is an OFF-topic thread! :mad:

Yes, I was at STEPS, and yes, I am a guy. Are you on the Facebook SJF group?

I think they could take sesame seeds off the market and I wouldn't even care.

On craigslist people post adds saying they are BBW. I don't know what the hell that means, but me no likey.

Checking out the relationship section I see :laugh: :D

I use urbandictionary.com when I am in need of finding definitions of acronyms I have never heard of such as OMGWTFBBQ :rolleyes:

lakers game at 6pm!!

Im surprised nobody mentioned this yet:

Cristiano ronaldo to real madrid for 131 million

I've never owned a small car, but I want one of these. Turbo, please. :)

0822141.jpg

Im surprised nobody mentioned this yet:

Cristiano ronaldo to real madrid for 131 million

**** soccer. It's not a sport, it's a reason to get drunk and riot. :smuggrin:

I do love Guinness, though.

Aaagh! That's ON-topic of what I said! This is an OFF-topic thread! :mad:

Yes, I was at STEPS, and yes, I am a guy. Are you on the Facebook SJF group?

I think they could take sesame seeds off the market and I wouldn't even care.

Na, not yet.
I'll join now.

I am only working 4 hours a week at Target and it's driving me crazy to not have anything to do. I'm applying to Rite Aid:eek:

You can have some of my hours!!!

The hospital wants me for 20 hours this week, and my indie pharmacy ratcheted me up to 25 for some reason in the next 2 weeks.

I'm kind of scratching my head over my hours lately. I was working full-time when I started, with the understanding that I'd be starting school at the end of May. So I asked them to cut me back to ~15 hr/wk, but somehow that translates to 5-10 hours/wk... :confused: Not that I don't mind having the extra time for my classes... but, ya know... a man has to eat to stay alive...

I have a serious addiction to java chip fraps from starbucks.........

:eek:

I have a serious addiction to java chip fraps from starbucks.........

:eek:

I wish I still had the metabolism to indulge in those things, they're so delicious.

My wife always gets the Vanilla Bean one, but she is blessed with a natural nuclear metabolism.

I stick to a tall no-fat vanilla latte but they're still a good surge of borrowed energy and don't taste as bitter as regular brew.

i'm in love with my friend but i know she dont feel the same :laugh:

I wish I still had the metabolism to indulge in those things, they're so delicious.

My wife always gets the Vanilla Bean one, but she is blessed with a natural nuclear metabolism.

I stick to a tall no-fat vanilla latte but they're still a good surge of borrowed energy and don't taste as bitter as regular brew.

omg...they are amazingly delicious. it's horrible!!!!

My metabolism has definitely slowed down.. but that doesn't bother me-- they are sooo worth it :p

Vanilla bean sounds good, I've never had!!!

No-fat latte.. how's that taste?? Unfortunately I like the fatty-filled frozen capps only :p

And to make it even worse.. I <3 the cinammon swirl cake too :love::love::love:

omg...they are amazingly delicious. it's horrible!!!!

My metabolism has definitely slowed down.. but that doesn't bother me-- they are sooo worth it :p

Vanilla bean sounds good, I've never had!!!

No-fat latte.. how's that taste?? Unfortunately I like the fatty-filled frozen capps only :p

And to make it even worse.. I <3 the cinammon swirl cake too :love::love::love:

Well, the no-fat Latte just uses 0% fat milk, so it's not as "rich" tasting as the 2% or full-fat milk when they use it, but imo, it's a trade-off worth making.

Vanilla Bean is an amazing flavor, and one that makes me wish one of two things:
a. That I had the metabolism I did in college (Eat four pizzas a day and lose weight, alriiiiight!)
or
b. That I didn't destroy my ACL in the Army and could still run 4 miles a day.

Ah well.

Well, the no-fat Latte just uses 0% fat milk, so it's not as "rich" tasting as the 2% or full-fat milk when they use it, but imo, it's a trade-off worth making.

Vanilla Bean is an amazing flavor, and one that makes me wish one of two things:
a. That I had the metabolism I did in college (Eat four pizzas a day and lose weight, alriiiiight!)
or

Ah well.

I don't mind skim milk w/ my cereal.. but I'm too much of an indulger w/ my coffee :p My trade off is light mayo.. instead of regular. and light syrup =) haha

I might have to try vanilla bean!

4 pizzas a day!? and lose weight? that's amazing :D

And sorry about the ACL :(

or

Ah well.

I ate bagels & pizza for every meal and drank a 12 pack of soda everyday for my first 2 years of undergraduate study. I moved off campus this past year, so I got to indulge in healthier food. I still managed to lose around 16 pounds in college (I'm around 140lbs now).

I'm sittin on the crapper right now. Man I love wifi

Hopefully I get to wear my old Hardaway jersey tomorrow. Magic in 6.

Edit: Fisher just hit a 3.