****The Official UTHSC-San Antonio Class of 2017 interview/acceptance thread****

nope.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info! Did they mention anything about how many spots are left?
Also, every time I call, they say that 2nd round will be sent out in Feb :/

They tell me the exact same thing and I called them earlier this week. After that I come to hear that someone got accepted today. I dont know what is going on!

Haha, I think they are giving a safe response so we don't keep bugging. But the truth is that this will make us bug them even more until they admit to sending out acceptances :D

lol they are trolling us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, congrats to those going to UTHSCSA! I am having a hugely difficult time deciding between UTHSCSA and Baylor. Anyone have input on why they chose UTHSCSA if they received multiple acceptances? I've looked at some older threads comparing the two, but just wanted to know more recent thoughts on this school or reason for selecting. Thanks for any contributions. :)

UTHSC SA acceptance today @ 11:45

Would you mind giving me your stats/when did you apply? I also interviewed Dec 10th, but I haven't heard anything yet!

UTHSC SA acceptance today @ 11:45
Would you mind giving me your stats/when did you apply? I also interviewed Dec 10th, but I haven't heard anything yet!

GPA (science, overall) 3.65, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/18/19

I applied on August 3, 2012
Thank you! Your stats were higher than mine...probably why I haven't heard back yet!

Any other lucky people get accepted from the December 10th interview date?? Please respond with your acceptance date as well just so I can become more paranoid than I already am...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed Dec. 10th. Have not heard back yet! Pretty similar stats to the previously posted. Hopefully enough spots are left to still get accepted!!!
:luck: Good luck everyone!!!

Acceptance to UTHSCSA 1/24/13 at 11:45 am! :D

Stats for those interested:

Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/25/12
Application complete date: 7/12/12
Interview Date: 10/22/2012
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (22/21/18/23/none)

These stats are right around mine! :eek: I don't know if this should make me more nervous or more hopeful. I'll choose to be optimistic. Second year applying, congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I hope to be joining your class!

These stats are right around mine! :eek: I don't know if this should make me more nervous or more hopeful. I'll choose to be optimistic. Second year applying, congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I hope to be joining your class!
These stats are around mine as well! And I applied at the same time. But you interviewed a month and a half before me!! So weird.

These stats are around mine as well! And I applied at the same time. But you interviewed a month and a half before me!! So weird.

haha around mine also and I interviewed Oct. 8th. Maybe they're saving invites for us for the same time then :)

I interviewed Dec. 10. Hopefully that's true! Let's keep each other posted if anyone hears anything.:luck: good luck!

Dr. Segura told us last week that the committee will be meeting this Monday (tmrw) to evaluate our interviews from last week. But that we will not know for three weeks because they go by a three week admission cycle for acceptances. So I guess if you interviewed before last week you might have a chance to hear back this week if the committee decides you should be accepted. She declined to comment on how many spots are open also. Hope this update helps for people who are waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA. Good luck to all of us!

apparently rejections are going out today for uthscsa. a lot of people responded on the tmdsas 2013 forum. i think the class is full. the email said that they are done with the selection process...

apparently rejections are going out today for uthscsa. a lot of people responded on the tmdsas 2013 forum. i think the class is full. the email said that they are done with the selection process...

Question is, did those get rejected interviewed already or did not interview? It makes a big difference I interviewed mid Jan and haven't gotten that rejection email yet.

Question is, did those get rejected interviewed already or did not interview? It makes a big difference I interviewed mid Jan and haven't gotten that rejection email yet.
good questions! i haven't received that email either and i was interviewed on december 10th...hmm. i guess we just have to wait and see but i'm kind of already accepting that I will probably be attending UMich this fall lol

good questions! i haven't received that email either and i was interviewed on december 10th...hmm. i guess we just have to wait and see but i'm kind of already accepting that I will probably be attending UMich this fall lol

Minnesota here

I love minnesota lol. I don't want to move out as well. I'm counting for San Antonio or Houston.

I also interviewed Dec. 10th and did not recieve the email. Most likely its just going out to those who have not gotten interwiew offers by now. From past experience if you interview and dont get accepted I think we wouldn't hear of non-acceptance until May. I did not apply to out of state schools. I too just can't imagine leaving Texas. Maybe that is something I will have to begin to consider if I don't get in. :confused: Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I also interviewed Dec. 10th and did not recieve the email. Most likely its just going out to those who have not gotten interwiew offers by now. From past experience if you interview and dont get accepted I think we wouldn't hear of non-acceptance until May. I did not apply to out of state schools. I too just can't imagine leaving Texas. Maybe that is something I will have to begin to consider if I don't get in. :confused: Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Sigh I know what you mean... I don't want to leave the TX bubble :( I accepted Midwestern in Arizona and it's only a 2 hour flight but still... I was born and raised in TX :( Waiting on SA still interviewed on October 8th..... Hopefully they haven't forgotten about me. And to all those waiting for SA, my friend is turning down her seat this upcoming week for Houston so I know of at least one seat opening up!

So did no one get an acceptance this week after the committee met this past Monday? I wonder if that means if the class is full...

So did no one get an acceptance this week after the committee met this past Monday? I wonder if that means if the class is full...

I also had my interview on the 28th...and I'm still waiting. Did Dr. Segura say the wait was 3 weeks for us? I'm sure we'll get more movement once UTSD hands out more acceptances.

The wait is killing me. :(

I also had my interview on the 28th...and I'm still waiting. Did Dr. Segura say the wait was 3 weeks for us? I'm sure we'll get more movement once UTSD hands out more acceptances.

I was asking about people who interviewed before Jan 28th. If anyone in that category got an acceptance because if they didnt then I wonder if any spots are open now unless someone drops like you said and goes to another school. And yeah she did say 3 weeks. Good luck!

I was asking about people who interviewed before Jan 28th. If anyone in that category got an acceptance because if they didnt then I wonder if any spots are open now unless someone drops like you said and goes to another school. And yeah she did say 3 weeks. Good luck!

This wait is killing me too. I have been having nightmares and dreams about it. :scared:

I interviewed in December and I haven't heard anything. I know couple of other people who interviewed in December and they haven't heard either. I think by the end of this month we will hear something.

This wait is killing me too. I have been having nightmares and dreams about it. :scared:

I interviewed in December and I haven't heard anything. I know couple of other people who interviewed in December as well and they haven't heard either. I think by the end of this month we will probably hear something. I am losing hope though! :(

The hope is slowly diminishing :(

The hope is slowly diminishing :(

I think those who interviewed still have a shot, so don't lose all your hope (You interviewed right?) Last year they accepted a few people as late as like April I think. Good luck.

I think those who interviewed still have a shot, so don't lose all your hope (You interviewed right?) Last year they accepted a few people as late as like April I think. Good luck.

Yup, we all did. Thanks for the motivation! Will you be attending SA?

UTHSCSA sent out some acceptances TODAY!

no.. i didnt get accepted but my friend did!

I got an acceptance yesterday and interviewed Dec 3rd. Don't lose hope!

I called the admissions office to see if any more offers were expected to go out. I was told that more offers are expected to go out however they are on a "rolling" basis at this point, meaning that as they receive declined spots they will then send offers.... So scary...hopefully some students have multiple offers and prefer another school. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear. :luck:

I called the admissions office to see if any more offers were expected to go out. I was told that more offers are expected to go out however they are on a "rolling" basis at this point, meaning that as they receive declined spots they will then send offers.... So scary...hopefully some students have multiple offers and prefer another school. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear. :luck:

Officially freaking out. :scared:

Hey all! Congrats to those of you who have been accepted. I'm a UTHSCSA med school grad and a current prelim medicine intern at University Hospital. My wife, kids, and I will be moving to Atlanta for residency in June and we would love to rent our 3 bed 2.5 bath town home to an incoming medical student. It's located 1 mile from the school/hospital and is in a small, quiet neighborhood. PM me if you're interested. Congrats again!

Haha, this is nothing new. They have been saying this since the end of Jan ^_^
But it seems like, they do send out a few acceptances at a time as seen from the last 2 rounds.

yea its a generic answer

I got accepted to UTHSCSA at 9:32 AM today. I am a re-applicant. Ironically, I was in surgery to extract my wisdom teeth when I got the email lol I interviewed on Jan 28th. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting. Hang in there! I know people who got in May last year.

got in on 3/14 as well! i was one of those people who checked the forum every day and if there is one piece of advice i can give, it is STOP LOOKING AT THIS FORUM IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SEE IF PEOPLE ARE GETTING IN! if you get in, you'll get in! Every time i saw a round of acceptances went out and i wasn't included in that list, i was stressed for no reason... just my two cents, but congrats to everyone who got in! good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

Hey y'all I got in on 4/19, did anyone else here anything this late? Just trying to figure out if there are still more seats. I got a friend waiting to hear back too :/

Interviewed on 1/14/13 and have not heard anything. Congrats on getting in, hopefully there are still seats left.