The Official Waitlisted Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apteryx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The accepteds all have their own thread, so let's have our own! Let us know what school(s) you've been waitlisted at, and update anyone if you get an acceptance!

So far, I've been waitlisted at Husson University. As a side thought, I wonder what the average movement is on a waitlist? I would think probably 20-30% of the accepteds and other waitlisters end up declining admission, depending on the school. Do you think any school would actually divulge that information?

Members don't see this ad.

The accepteds all have their own thread, so let's have our own! Let us know what school(s) you've been waitlisted at, and update anyone if you get an acceptance!

So far, I've been waitlisted at Husson University. As a side thought, I wonder what the average movement is on a waitlist? I would think probably 20-30% of the accepteds and other waitlisters end up declining admission, depending on the school. Do you think any school would actually divulge that information?

Several schools I have interviewed at say that a large percentage, up to 100% of the waitlist, is ultimately accepted into the school. It all depends on the school/year though.

Waitlisted at Jefferson. It appears that the waitlist did move a bit in previous years, but no idea about specifics and percentages. Just hoping I get in eventually. Would anyone recommend writing a letter of intent or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
apply to 6 CA schools, interviewed at 5, got waitlists, hold, AC for all 5. So far no good news yet. Kinda depressed. i think i have bad interview skills:mad: There will be one more interview this Friday, and also my last one for this cycle:scared:,good luck to meee :luck: :luck:
Plus all of my friends ( or people i know) got in already, which makes me even more depressed!

apply to 6 CA schools, interviewed at 5, got waitlists, hold, AC for all 5. So far no good news yet. Kinda depressed. i think i have bad interview skills:mad: There will be one more interview this Friday, and also my last one for this cycle:scared:,good luck to meee :luck: :luck:
Plus all of my friends ( or people i know) got in already, which makes me even more depressed!

I hear ya. Most of my friends got in :( I'm wait-listed at Sullivan CoP with 3.34 gpa, 84 PCAT, year of retail pharm experience, CPhT, and finishing my bio degree this may. I'm hoping :xf: to land an inpatient hospital job for the next year while I wait to reapply. I saw a fulltime spot for an IV tech at one of the hospitals yesterday, but I still have 4 weeks or so of classes left.

waitlisted/hold at...

USC
UCSD
UoP

I won't even find out if I am accepted OR waitlisted until april 15th. But I think about 25-30% of the waitlisters get in at SIUE

Ah, now I don't feel so alone =o) I'm highwaitlisted at California Northstate. I'm curious to see when schools will start pulling people off of the waitlist!

SWEETNESS! I wish I knew what number I was :scared:

I just found out that I've been waitlisted for Ohio State and all I know is that I am "in a good spot" (according to the admissions director). It is so nerve-wracking because some years they take almost the whole waitlist and some years they only take a few people :eek: My roommate was waitlisted for optometry school and she found out literally a week before classes started that she got in! OMG. But man was she happy that week. Good to luck to everybody at getting in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, now I don't feel so alone =o) I'm highwaitlisted at California Northstate. I'm curious to see when schools will start pulling people off of the waitlist!

USN is already accepting ppl off the waitlist. All I know is I'm in the top 100+ (ie at least 100 ppl ahead of me :thumbdown: )

Several schools I have interviewed at say that a large percentage, up to 100% of the waitlist, is ultimately accepted into the school. It all depends on the school/year though.
That's what I'm hoping for ; )

I was put on the waitlist at UW. I started at #10 and when I called a week ago I was told that I am now #5. So, in just a few weeks there had been some movement on the lilst. I am still very hopeful that I will get in and they said in the next few weeks I will have a better idea (since the deadline for response from the accepted students is coming up). I wish there was some way to find out stats on how many students get in off the waitlist every year! It is so nerve racking to be in limbo!!!

I am waitlisted at UNC, Maryland and University at Buffalo.
I was on the waitlist last year and it sucked (still does) but at least I got accepted at other schools.
Good luck to everyone here :thumbup:

I'm waitlisted at Belmont. We were supposed to get our rank by May 1, according to my letter, but they added another interview day on April 30 and then the Great Flood of 2010 has happened so.... it might be awhile before I know anything. :-/

So I see USN is getting people off of the waitlist already.

I'm waiting on California Northstate still, no news. I think they made their final decisions last week so hopefully they will start pulling people off the waitlist soon. Lets hope.

*waits with everybody else in this thread*

Waitlisted for USN....Top 50. Don't know my rank :(.

Is it just me or does being waitlisted really put a damper on summer fun???

Blah! :thumbdown:

I'm waitlisted at Belmont. We were supposed to get our rank by May 1, according to my letter, but they added another interview day on April 30 and then the Great Flood of 2010 has happened so.... it might be awhile before I know anything. :-/

I got pulled off the waitlist at Belmont already. Good luck to you!!!

not pulled off of any of my waitlists..but i did get accepted!

so hurray--summer can continue now! lol

I was waitlisted from University at Buffalo, and found out two weeks ago that i was accepted :) best of luck to you all!!

congrats to those who were pulled off the waitlist!! i'm still hoping!! :rolleyes:

I just found out yesterday that I have been accepted off of the waitlist at UW! I was #10 and today has been exactly 3 weeks since I was placed on the waitlist. Good luck to the rest of you!!!:xf:

I was waitlisted at Auburn, Creighton, and Lecom-B. Hoping to hear from Creighton and Lecom-B. Good luck to everyone that is on a waitlist.:)

Congrats to all you guys who got pulled of the waitlist!!!!! I'm so happy for you :) And you are giving me hope that I still have a chance!

Waitlisted at USN. Top 25. And the wait is killing meee!:D

Congrats to those who got pulled off the waitlist or accepted to other schools!

I'm still waiting. Sigh.

waitlisted at u of m...............ohhhhh this is killing me......:xf:

anyone got pulled out from wait list?...
gruhhhhhhhhhh............. i hate waiting so much.... start losing hope already

if you are waitlisted, consider yourself lucky. pharmacy school is 4 yrs. the number of pharmacists graduating, schools opening, etc make it a dying profession. read teh pharmacy forum and get feedback from real pharmacists.

most people you talk to have their head in a hole.

if you have a degree and can pursue other areas, id recommend it

Hey guys I have a question. Is it normal for the school you are waitlisted at to send a notification of financial aid? I got one this morning that said I had received a school scholarship, work-study and loans. As far as I know I am still on the waitlist but this was kind of giving me hope that maybe I am getting pulled off? Then again they might just do this so in case you get in you are able to get financial aid. Let me know if you have any ideas. I am afraid to get my hopes up for no reason!

So far U of M hasn't accepted anyone off the waitlist! I was told that there haven't been any cancellations so far. AAAHHHH!!!! :scared: IS it time to lose hope??

I just had my interview a few weeks ago and was deferred. I emailed them and they said my interview went very well but that they were worried about my last few semesters. i told them i was taking a few 300/400 level science classes this semester that i would get As in. what do you think my realistic chances are?

So far U of M hasn't accepted anyone off the waitlist! I was told that there haven't been any cancellations so far. AAAHHHH!!!! :scared: IS it time to lose hope??

If you're talking about U of MN, they still have one more round of interviews. They usually start admitting from the ranked waitlist early May. The U of MN is really good at keeping people on the waitlist updated as to how many people have been accepted off the waitlist and what your current standing is as time goes on.

No matter where you are waitlisted, people drop later on as they get accepted at other schools allowing more people to matriculate. There's always hope!

If you're talking about U of MN, they still have one more round of interviews. They usually start admitting from the ranked waitlist early May. The U of MN is really good at keeping people on the waitlist updated as to how many people have been accepted off the waitlist and what your current standing is as time goes on.

No matter where you are waitlisted, people drop later on as they get accepted at other schools allowing more people to matriculate. There's always hope!

This thread is really old...