• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

The PAT

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
    Ok guys weeeelllppp!!!!!

I'm going to be taking the DAT Sept '06 but I just got the Barrons book to start practicing for the PAT since people said it has some good strategies. Well I just read the frst part with the object passing through the aperture, and damnnnn! I am so lost! I was completly unable to draw the figure it would have to pass through side to side or top to bottom.

Was any1 else stumped by this? Its so confusing. Can some1 suggest where I can get practice questions or something, I dont want to waste real test questions like topscore, or acethedat before the months before the test. Any advice, or ideas? Is this a normal feeling. It seems like its hopeless!

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 27, 2005
    So Cal
      JohnDoeDDS said:
      Ok guys weeeelllppp!!!!!

I'm going to be taking the DAT Sept '06 but I just got the Barrons book to start practicing for the PAT since people said it has some good strategies. Well I just read the frst part with the object passing through the aperture, and damnnnn! I am so lost! I was completly unable to draw the figure it would have to pass through side to side or top to bottom.

Was any1 else stumped by this? Its so confusing. Can some1 suggest where I can get practice questions or something, I dont want to waste real test questions like topscore, or acethedat before the months before the test. Any advice, or ideas? Is this a normal feeling. It seems like its hopeless!
      dont worry we have all been there. i didnt know what was oging on when i first looked at the DAT, practice is the only way. just buy the different books for the DAT (kaplan, Princeton review, barorns and anything else u can get your hands on). make sure u practice on the computer too. the computer PAT is much different than the paper PAT. start with the paper and then go to the computer version, good luck.

About the Ads

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 4, 2004
      Philadelphia, PA
        JohnDoeDDS said:
        ...Any advice, or ideas? Is this a normal feeling. It seems like its hopeless!

Yes, the nausea and inability to sense the passage of time will eventually dimish with practice. The whole point of the PAT is to measure your psychomotor abilities, i.e. any talent you may have for projecting an object in your mind and rotating it as if it were in three dimensions. Thus, as you start to grapple with this strange and mind-boggling section of the DAT, I suggest that you try to form the object in your mind and imagine it as a 3-D form. Determine why or why not that object worked for the given hole. Drawing out the shapes emphasizes wrong abilities. I too struggled with some of the forms but I discovered that by constantly trying to project the object in my mind and accurately rotate it around I was able to get better and better as time progressed. You will have to use this same technique when it comes to every part of the PAT so I suggest that you work at it to nurture this ability. Best of luck! :thumbup:

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Dec 26, 2004
          thanks guys for the encouragement. So which books do u reccomend I get for the PAT? The KAPLAN, and Barrons? Are there enough questions on this part of the PAT there to last me a while? Also do you think its time for me to purchase acethedat stuff (thats the one on the ocmputer right?) a year before im actually going to take the DAT? Ughhh its so frustrating this section.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.