The perfect Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

therealmermaid

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, as a prospective Pharmacist I have done a job shadowing and plan to do many more. I also am planning on doing a few interns while I am still in undergrad. However, I am worried that I my overlook a few things do to my ignorance. My question to you all is what are some questions or concerns I should express when I am doing my next shadowing? I have asked about the experience in grad school, the pcat, residency, field experience, and typical work schedule. Those are some of my typical questions, but I feel as if I may be missing something else. Maybe I'm just not coming off in a more direct and frank attitude that says, " Hey, help me understand whether or not this is where I see myself."
I want to work in the health field, I want to help people without being hands on, I don't want to deal with blood, saliva, or just being directly responsible with someone's life (because let's face it, I can't deal with the post-death scenario).
So, now I'm here asking you all to help me dig deeper.
 
If things work out, I plan to work at a local pharmacy near my house next summer. I'm aiming to work at CVS, Kroger, or Long's Pharmacy. I'm not too big on working at a hospital. I did a job shadowing at one of the local ones and it was rather bland. As far a volunteering, I don't really hear to much about that. What all is there to do with volunteering?