The psych pre-req

Started by shorty#1
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shorty#1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

The requirements for many of the schools states Psychology (1 year). Would any psych course suffice or would it have to be along the lines of an 'introductory to psychology' course???

I did not do too well in the first year psych course that I took. I would like to take an upper year level course. Would the schools look at this grade instead of the first year course? 😕 Please help.

Thanks a bunch!
 
depends on the school.. you'll have to call to find out. most schools will sub a higher class for a lower level class if you marked higher.
 
I thought you only needed 1 semester (1/2 yr) of psychology. Do you need a year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
polkadot said:
That also depends on the school. There's a nice (and pretty accurate, as far as I can tell) table of pre-reqs on the ASCO website:

http://www.opted.org/info_profile1.cfm


Only SCCO requires 2 semesters of psychology. This is equivalent to 8 quarter units. So if you take 2 classes of psychology you should be fine to apply to any school