THE REAL WORLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys and Gals of class whatever you are:

Do you understand there is a whole new battle ahead of you after you graduate?

Do not get so caught up in academics that you forget about the professional working world.

Please do your research by asking friends and family in the field. Go Store to Store, hospital to hospital.

Pharmacy real world practice will NOT be entirely or even close to what you are learning, just as it was not for me. But i knew that going in. You dont. So im here to help you.

This is not a scare tactic, or doom and gloom. i'm asking you to analyze your risk to reward ratio by researching what happens AFTER your done with school.

Dont get caught up in your straight A's, and clinical rotations, extra achievements...etc. the people hiring you in the real world do not care what school you went to, or what your grades were. It will NEVER be thought about again after your done. Do NOT let your school FOOL you into thinking the field is blossoming or evolving into something where you will be in high demand due to blah.....blah....thats what they told me in 2008, and every other class before and after.

I am seeing too many younger folks like you having their dreams smashed before their eyes upon graduation and i want to help you make a well informed decision. That said, this requires some effort on YOUR part to look BEYOND grades and academics in general. To put in the effort to research the career for which you are sacrificing EVERYTHING to obtain. you owe it you yourselves. Be well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in any profession (including medicine) nowadays!