the right course of action??

Started by uwpremed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uwpremed

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, so here's my deal. I'm graduating this March with a degree in Economics. I have a 3.2 GPA and about the same science GPA but my school history has been really choppy (I've withdrawn completely from a few quarters and I took a year off to 'reevaluate' where I was going, take some time off, work, and travel). I have to take a couple more quarters as a nonmatriculated student to finish the ochem and bio series and I was planning to apply to BU MAMS to start fall semster 07 but I have a feeling that the 'choppiness' of my undergrad might be detrimental to me, both in the MAMS application and later at the med school level.

I was thinking about going to Boston U's Metropolitan College to take a years worth of upper level science courses before applying to BU MAMS. I was just wondering, is the Metropolitan College a 'legitimate' program? Do you take regular BU science courses or is it a separate program like Harvard Extension?

I'm looking at the Metropolitan College because there are more choices in courses than at a program like harvard extension and it's extremely difficult to get into upper level science courses at my state school, where its on a space available basis for nonmatriculants. Anyone have any info?? It would be much appreciated.