The right time to send an app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbvb128

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! First off I just happened to stumble upon this forum just now...wish I would've known about this sooner...it's been so helpful!

But yea, I had a few questions in regards to when I should send my app.

So I graduated with a degree in Nutritional Sciences this past May...but I still have to take a few more prerequisites (just 3 more courses) in order to apply to PT school, which I'm doing over at a local university near my hometown. I'm currently getting A's in all 3 of my courses, which would increase my cumulative and prerequisite GPA's granted that I maintained these grades by the end of the semester (which will end in the next 3 weeks)

Now I was wondering, would you guys recommend that I send my application after I receive my final grades for these courses, or, should I send my application as soon as possible? I'll eventually get these final grades by mid-December and they'll be put on an official transcript in early January according to the Transcript Department...but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage since most of the programs I'm interested in applying to have rolling admissions processes...what would recommend me to do?

My current GPA is a 3.15 and my current pre-req GPA is a 3.05...but with these courses I'll be waiting on (granted I calculated the GPA's right and I maintained my A's by the end of the semester) my cumulative GPA would be about a 3.22 and a prerequisite GPA of about 3.30.

I know a lot more goes into an application (GRE scores, references, etc)...but I was just wondering only about the GPA. If you guys have any other recommendations for me feel free to let me know!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you plan on getting accepted into a program to start next fall then apply now. You could have even applied in august, because the academic update is coming up soon so we can still send our transcripts to PTCAS when this semester is over.

Your apps should definitely be out as soon as possible. You will be better off taking advantage of the rolling admissions rather than waiting for your GPA to go up a bit. If you had really high stats you might be able to wait but there really isn't reason to.
Have you started PTCAS yet? As soon as your part of PTCAS is done you should submit it so they can verify it (which takes about a month) By the time your app is verified and sent out you should be done with your courses and will be able to enter the grades in anyways (during the acedemic update).

Your apps should definitely be out as soon as possible. You will be better off taking advantage of the rolling admissions rather than waiting for your GPA to go up a bit. If you had really high stats you might be able to wait but there really isn't reason to.
Have you started PTCAS yet? As soon as your part of PTCAS is done you should submit it so they can verify it (which takes about a month) By the time your app is verified and sent out you should be done with your courses and will be able to enter the grades in anyways (during the acedemic update).

I finished everything with PTCAS so I just need to hit the e-submit button. Thanks for the advice and I'll be sure to submit very soon!