Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! First off I just happened to stumble upon this forum just now...wish I would've known about this sooner...it's been so helpful!
But yea, I had a few questions in regards to when I should send my app.
So I graduated with a degree in Nutritional Sciences this past May...but I still have to take a few more prerequisites (just 3 more courses) in order to apply to PT school, which I'm doing over at a local university near my hometown. I'm currently getting A's in all 3 of my courses, which would increase my cumulative and prerequisite GPA's granted that I maintained these grades by the end of the semester (which will end in the next 3 weeks)
Now I was wondering, would you guys recommend that I send my application after I receive my final grades for these courses, or, should I send my application as soon as possible? I'll eventually get these final grades by mid-December and they'll be put on an official transcript in early January according to the Transcript Department...but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage since most of the programs I'm interested in applying to have rolling admissions processes...what would recommend me to do?
My current GPA is a 3.15 and my current pre-req GPA is a 3.05...but with these courses I'll be waiting on (granted I calculated the GPA's right and I maintained my A's by the end of the semester) my cumulative GPA would be about a 3.22 and a prerequisite GPA of about 3.30.
I know a lot more goes into an application (GRE scores, references, etc)...but I was just wondering only about the GPA. If you guys have any other recommendations for me feel free to let me know!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! 🙂
But yea, I had a few questions in regards to when I should send my app.
So I graduated with a degree in Nutritional Sciences this past May...but I still have to take a few more prerequisites (just 3 more courses) in order to apply to PT school, which I'm doing over at a local university near my hometown. I'm currently getting A's in all 3 of my courses, which would increase my cumulative and prerequisite GPA's granted that I maintained these grades by the end of the semester (which will end in the next 3 weeks)
Now I was wondering, would you guys recommend that I send my application after I receive my final grades for these courses, or, should I send my application as soon as possible? I'll eventually get these final grades by mid-December and they'll be put on an official transcript in early January according to the Transcript Department...but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage since most of the programs I'm interested in applying to have rolling admissions processes...what would recommend me to do?
My current GPA is a 3.15 and my current pre-req GPA is a 3.05...but with these courses I'll be waiting on (granted I calculated the GPA's right and I maintained my A's by the end of the semester) my cumulative GPA would be about a 3.22 and a prerequisite GPA of about 3.30.
I know a lot more goes into an application (GRE scores, references, etc)...but I was just wondering only about the GPA. If you guys have any other recommendations for me feel free to let me know!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! 🙂