The roundabout way

Started by hoopnick
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hoopnick

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my first post, so i'm going to explain my situation.

I started out college at sdsu as a bio/art major then went straight to art. I pursued art/architecture and graduated with a 2.98. I didn't do much with it and eventually turned around and went back to school 4 years later. I went for a second bachelors this time in biochemistry. I took all chem/bio/physics classes, retaking some i took at sdsu, and have a 4.0 at my new school (70 units). I have done research and volunteered, but don't have anything published.

I took the MCAT twice and got a 31M (9vr/11ps/11bs) and a 34N (8vr/14ps/12bs). my science gpa is ~3.6 counting all my old courses with my new ones, and my overall GPA is probably about a 3.3. I'm hoping i can plead immaturity for my first round of grades and that they will look more at the last couple years

How will I fair? I am applying now. Do you think i have made up for my 4 years of really crappy grades with 2 years of really stellar ones and decent MCATs? What sort of schools should i be looking at?