The Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

telly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows how the scramble works. When I reviewed last year's umatched anesthesia spots, it looks like there were 42. In alpahabetical order, UConn had 4, Rush had 3, Iowa had 2, etc. And why did U of Bugffalo have 6? Is this pre- or post-scramble? Does this mean a program would rather have empty slots than pick up someone in the scramble?

Does anyone know how you get into these programs during the scramble? Is it a matter of your dean calling them the week leading up to match day?

Members don't see this ad.

telly said:
Wondering if anyone knows how the scramble works. When I reviewed last year's umatched anesthesia spots, it looks like there were 42. In alpahabetical order, UConn had 4, Rush had 3, Iowa had 2, etc. And why did U of Bugffalo have 6? Is this pre- or post-scramble? Does this mean a program would rather have empty slots than pick up someone in the scramble?

Does anyone know how you get into these programs during the scramble? Is it a matter of your dean calling them the week leading up to match day?

Dude, Have come confidence.

Really, I don't actually know the details of the scramble, but I know that if you don't match you are notified early during match week....and then it is a mad dash to fill spots.

Yeah, thanks for reminding all of us that scrambling is a possibility.